• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2N Had all 4 injectors out / cleaned, now car wont run..

As far as I recall "out" is "had a bump mode" and will have turned off the fuel supply. Clicking it in resets it, so its strange that you are still unable to start.

I wonder if you have nadgered the battery, from what I've read on here they are a bit fickle about low battery voltage. I'm clutching at straws now to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
All i know is the fuel cut out button, clicked when i first pressed it in

Now no matter how many times you press it, it does nothing...

Charged my battery up yesterday, it did seem to go flat very quickly just from a Few times of trying to start the car over a couple of days..

Batterys only 2yrs old and genuine honda one

Injectors are out again at the mo so fuel rail is empty, i'll put them back in later, turn engine over then pull one out.
If the fuel rail is full of petrol again i assume the safety inertia fuel cut off switch is in the 'off position'

I did notice last night when sat in car i could still hear the fuel pump buzz for a second when turning ignition on,
Its the same sound i heard it making before pressing the inertia safety switch

The only other thing I can suggest is leaving the last injector out of the fuel rail and applying a vacuum to it (you could try sucking it but I don't suggest it...), that might be enough to drag enough fuel through the system to fully prime it. But as I've said before I'd be amazed if it wasn't priming itself.

Sorry I can't be more help buddy, I'm really wracking my brain.

Gonna have get someone round to look it at i think

I dont really know much about fuel systems, but the fact that every time ive took the injectors out of the rail, a bit of fuel has come out onto a rag from each injector fitting hole

Then when ive put them back in and tried to start the car , fuel has come into the rail again each time, i know this cause each of the 4/5 times ive pulled the injectors out the rail that bit of fuel has always poured out..

So surely this means theres no issue with the pump or fuel supply upto the rail / injectors?

Getting more bizarre..

Now i understand how the safety inertia switch works (it only 'clicks' when pressed back in after it had been activated'

When i found my inertia switch, it clicked when i pressed on it, so somehow it had been activated even though my car not been crashed or had any sort of thump..

I had the car jacked up at the front, removed all 4 injectors from fuel rail, cleaned and put them back in
I didnt disconnect the battery while pulling injectors out

I read last night that if you give the side of the dash were the switch is a good slap with ur hand it triggers the switch and cuts off fuel pump

I tried this and its correct, after giving side of dash bit of thump, i turned ignition on and there was no sound from the fuel pump, then the inertia switch 'clicked' again when i pushed it back in, then i could hear fuel pump turn on again when turning ignition on

Im thinking when my car started and ran real rough / kept dying after putting injectors back in this may have triggered the inertia switch, maybe one or more of my injectors isnt operating properly while in the car after ive cleaned them...

A mechanic friend is too busy this week to come have a look,

Car still dont start or attempt to fire, ive bought some used fn2 injectors, see what happens when i stick those in...

Last edited by a moderator:
Update;

Put the new injectors in i got off ebay for 30quid

Car started and is runnin fine again

Lesson learned, if you're reading this and youve been watching youtube videos showing you how to take your injectors out and clean them by spraying carb cleaner / brake cleaner through them with those little devices and 9v battery..... dont bother as it seemed it wrecked mine.

Update;

Put the new injectors in i got off ebay for 30quid

Car started and is runnin fine again

Lesson learned, if you're reading this and youve been watching youtube videos showing you how to take your injectors out and clean them by spraying carb cleaner / brake cleaner through them with those little devices and 9v battery..... dont bother as it seemed it wrecked mine.

Good to know, sorry you found out the hard way. At least its back running.

Back