• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Intake temperature and A/C problem

Hey guys. Back again with a problem (or two).

*As outside temperatures increases, I have felt that the car is sometimes sluggish or does not respond correctly (like a flatspot). Had an incident a few weeks back where I was driving through the drive-thru and after picking up the order and driving a way the car had no power. Like driving a turbo diesel and the turbo would cut off. I thought that standing in line upped the temperature so much that the intake was full of hot air. Today I used an OBD device and did some measurements. OUTSIDE temperature was 16°C and the car was at 42°C when standing (Motor was at full temp). Driving casually took me down to 36 and flooring it took me down to 30-32. Seems kind of high to be honest. I'm using the original airbox with K&N panel filter. Will clean the filter soon to see if it makes a difference. Any ideas would be appreciated!

*The second problems is the A/C. While measuring my intake temperature I also checked my fault codes. One code popped up saying "A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input"

I had a look at this website: https://www.autoblog.com/2016/08/08/p0533-obd-ii-trouble-code-a-c-refrigerant-pressure-sensor-circu/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAN3OImhi_xXF1q0tPUslqHovsVsVKvCgtZEVHDMdnWMf0LB1st6LpHHF7yyxCY4teOeCTcCFDs4x5GSL9c8OgcyLVLlNCtl2le7En-S_0cy4qwgN-GzoiGJKJmT3dEWskWUmpacwOe6jXeNe8SgsHRmFhf62YepcfWQ5CEeRJCsf

Planning to locate the problem using that, but asking if anybody has dealt with it and if it is a simple thing which is not listed in this article.

Cheers!

Have you recently topped up the air con? Usually that code is related to over pressure. On some simpler systems they use the same code for under pressure as well, but its not that common.

I think when its over pressure you can hear the fan/system kicking in and out at idle as the low pressure side of the circuit pressure goes above threshold. Then it cuts the compressor out, the pressure on the low side bleeds down again, and the system restarts. If its under pressure it probably won't kick in at all.

Have not, but will take it to a place today where they will take a glance at it. Will update!

Thank you.

Interested to hear about this. I replaced relay in mine and had it regassed and it works well, but the compressor does kick in and out quite regularly at idle. I thought it was a honda thing but not sure. I also get a bit of a water leak from the pollen filter as if the evaporator is getting too cold / too much condensation on it. Thinking it might be worth getting a proper AC person out to look rather than ATS

Back