• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Service Pack FK8

Hi all, i hope i ain't breaking any form rules, by asking or posting here. I recently picked up an CTR FK8 I'm based in the UK, i spoke to Honda last week, they asked for my car registration..

He goes my car has a service pack on it, and I need to tell him when was the last service.. As i was at work, i didn't have that info to hand.

But the other week, I did check on the car dash it was stating that I have 3300 miles till next service!

So my question is, can I service the car myself ? i mean can I ask Honda for the service parts and I'll service her my self ?

Has anyone of you ever done that? I would prefer not to hand the car to anyone, every time I've left a car with a garage or mechanic something always gets messed up!

i won't go into details. But it's a sad world we live in!

I can understand your reluctance to hand your car over to some dealers, I was the same with my FK8 and I did do service work myself even though I had a service pack ... but that was because I wanted to service more often because of track use.

Not all dealers are pants and as you have a SP it would be better to find a good dealer as a Honda dealer stamp it worth a bit more IMHO plus you get no aggro for warranty work.

Once the car is outside of warranty then a good independent stamp is ok, 5 plus years DIY is ok but keep records.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

All personal preference but I don't get not taking it to the dealer if you've got the service pack. Even if they do supply you the parts they won't stamp it and if something goes bang you can bet your bottom dollar Honda UK won't approve any warranty claims. Just ring round your local dealers and suss which ones seems the best. Service department at mine are spot on to be fair.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

yeah I think you'd be crazy not to get it done at Honda. We dont know your past experience, and we all get the 'fear' dropping our babies off, but not getting the official stamp 1) Invalidates warranty 2) Reselling will be extremely difficult. Why would someone take yours over a fully dealer stamped model

And you're not breaking any rules, this is what the forum is for..! :D

Apart from my dealer trying it on for £480 of tyres the work and service has been ok. They make nothing on the service pack so sometimes try and add work on. Always better to decline and get a second opinion.

Thanks for the responses! I spoke with Honda and they will not give me the oil, oil filter, air filter etc! They told me to go to any Honda dealer shop nationwide and get it serviced!

And yeah i do get it, value of the car in term without the official stamps will decrease truthfully I'm not bothered about it even warranty I'm not bothered! As long you are doing the basic maintenance Honda will never ever let your down.

Example I got a Honda accord it's a diesel 2.2 I've had her for 5 years I've not serviced her once she still is giving me 102 miles on ten liters witch cost £11.99 urban I get around 82 miles witch is mental for a 17 year old car! Only thing I ever did to the accord I ended up putting petrol instead of diesel i think that serviced the rails and stuff lol but I always use good oil not cheap crap!

Back to my ctr people if you saw me you would say I'm some kind of drug dealer or something along those lines I been dealing with this all my life lol literally i just kicked off with a security guard this @ss holes been telling all the bars that I'm a drug dealer lol I been working here for last 5 years I got a like customer service job this bellend moved from Birmingham to my town and he's only had the job for around 6 months he don't even know me but he's telling everyone's and his other security guards follow me around town that I must be dealing lol morons

Here's another example once this idiot kicked my car in town I thought ill report it to police i get to the station I didn't even have a chance to say why I'm here the sergeant on the desk (yes he was a sergeant) ask me what car I'm driving I go Toyota celica oh your a drug dealer get out of my station I was gob smacked i got physically kicked out of the police station! Yes I know its ridiculous

Other issues I face I was in argos just before lock down as I needed a car cover for my CTR it turned out too small so I went back as I got the cover swopped as I'm leaving the store the girl was pointing at me telling her other members of staff to keep a good eye on me, off course I had undercover follow day before I'm this and that as I've had shop keepers tell me feds was in asking about me yeah i must be purchasing fertilser from argos/tesco to do a guy forks on parliament houses. Feds are dorks!

People I know for a fact if I leave my car with Honda the car will get damaged or something will get done to on purpose I'm not a idiot as feds will go to Honda as I get followed everywhere and of course I'm Asian with white boys working on my car, they will gang up etc it's pathetic this world we live in

I bet you must be thinking what am I on about! This is a type r owner forums i know I'm going well off track but it is what it is!

Any way how hard is too service the fk8? I mean is the oil filter fairly easily accessible and would race ramps get the job done? As i been looking on ebay dont trust jacks especially when ones under the car race ramps seems the best way out! Just worried about when I do drain the oil with the front of the car on race ramps, will all the oil get drained ? As I been well hard on my civic last few drives I'm planning to do the service when I've done another 1000miles did check today 3200 or 3100 till next service the car was stating!

Thanks peeps!

Well that was refreshingly different!!:lol:

So let me get this straight, you don’t want to take it to Honda cos you think they will think your a drug dealer, they will damage your car on purpose or the police will give your car a search while it’s in there.

Ninja, your either 1) Extremely paranoid and over thinking things or 2) Your a drug dealer

I hope it’s number one of course and think you should just go to Honda, take lots of before photos of the wheels and bodywork and just relax. Your old Honda diesel is a workhorse, but the civic is a performance car and will just need a proper bit of loving now and again.

Oh and maybe don’t drive like a tool to give the feds more reason to think your number 2!

Thanks for the responses! I spoke with Honda and they will not give me the oil, oil filter, air filter etc! They told me to go to any Honda dealer shop nationwide and get it serviced!

And yeah i do get it, value of the car in term without the official stamps will decrease truthfully I'm not bothered about it even warranty I'm not bothered! As long you are doing the basic maintenance Honda will never ever let your down.

Example I got a Honda accord it's a diesel 2.2 I've had her for 5 years I've not serviced her once she still is giving me 102 miles on ten liters witch cost £11.99 urban I get around 82 miles witch is mental for a 17 year old car! Only thing I ever did to the accord I ended up putting petrol instead of diesel i think that serviced the rails and stuff lol but I always use good oil not cheap crap!

Back to my ctr people if you saw me you would say I'm some kind of drug dealer or something along those lines I been dealing with this all my life lol literally i just kicked off with a security guard this @ss holes been telling all the bars that I'm a drug dealer lol I been working here for last 5 years I got a like customer service job this bellend moved from Birmingham to my town and he's only had the job for around 6 months he don't even know me but he's telling everyone's and his other security guards follow me around town that I must be dealing lol morons

Here's another example once this idiot kicked my car in town I thought ill report it to police i get to the station I didn't even have a chance to say why I'm here the sergeant on the desk (yes he was a sergeant) ask me what car I'm driving I go Toyota celica oh your a drug dealer get out of my station I was gob smacked i got physically kicked out of the police station! Yes I know its ridiculous

Other issues I face I was in argos just before lock down as I needed a car cover for my CTR it turned out too small so I went back as I got the cover swopped as I'm leaving the store the girl was pointing at me telling her other members of staff to keep a good eye on me, off course I had undercover follow day before I'm this and that as I've had shop keepers tell me feds was in asking about me yeah i must be purchasing fertilser from argos/tesco to do a guy forks on parliament houses. Feds are dorks!

People I know for a fact if I leave my car with Honda the car will get damaged or something will get done to on purpose I'm not a idiot as feds will go to Honda as I get followed everywhere and of course I'm Asian with white boys working on my car, they will gang up etc it's pathetic this world we live in

I bet you must be thinking what am I on about! This is a type r owner forums i know I'm going well off track but it is what it is!

Any way how hard is too service the fk8? I mean is the oil filter fairly easily accessible and would race ramps get the job done? As i been looking on ebay dont trust jacks especially when ones under the car race ramps seems the best way out! Just worried about when I do drain the oil with the front of the car on race ramps, will all the oil get drained ? As I been well hard on my civic last few drives I'm planning to do the service when I've done another 1000miles did check today 3200 or 3100 till next service the car was stating!

Thanks peeps!
Cool Story Bro!

"I'm Asian with white boys working on my car, they will gang up etc it's pathetic this world we live in"

WTF!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That is shocking....
I maybe wrong but I think this forum is run by a Copper!

Ain't no Drug dealers driving Toyota Celica's around my neck of the woods.

FK8s are the least drug dealery car I could think of. Literally why would you be drawing attention to yourself with a car covered with all of the vents, wings and fins that come with it.

Maybe I've got this wrong and I need to be pulling every CTR I see.

Oh and Sgt near a front counter? Don't believe that for one second. It's hard enough to get a PC to the front desk.

Cool Story Bro!

"I'm Asian with white boys working on my car, they will gang up etc it's pathetic this world we live in"

WTF!

Soon as I saw your name the words cool story bro popped straight into my head, scrolled down and yep :lol:

I can understand some of the paranoia about who works on your CTR, I have a dash cam that is hard wired and can set it to record even when the engine is off.
The local dealership to me has a typical example of a chav working for them in the workshop. I don't like to label but the guy has a swearword in every sentence.
First thing I saw watching the footage back was him getting out of my car after driving it in, pointing to my side markers (which are LED) saying to his work buddy " well this hasn't been f**ked about with has it" there where other comments like "it's all carbon fiber in there" some I couldn't quite hear too.
Yeah not professional to say the least but after watching all the footage, my car was looked after, the job was done to a good standard and it wasn't ragged on the test drive either.

He's entitled to his opinion I guess :lol:

The OP has gone Quiet.

Do you think that he may have been Busted by Loxy and his Drug Squad mates and had his FK8 confiscated under the proceeds of crime act?

Cant believe some thug kicked his Toyota Celica back in the day and the boys in blue did nothing to help out.

Back