• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 I broke my FN2 today :(

Really sorry to read your tale of woe mate. I've had gearbox issues with mine and was afraid of this very thing happening on track. Fingers crossed you get it fixed soon. Make sure you get a Clockwise Motion baffled sump insert when you rebuild. I know it wasn't the engine that caused this, but it's got to be worth it for peace of mind. Good luck with the car

Really sorry to read your tale of woe mate. I've had gearbox issues with mine and was afraid of this very thing happening on track. Fingers crossed you get it fixed soon. Make sure you get a Clockwise Motion baffled sump insert when you rebuild. I know it wasn't the engine that caused this, but it's got to be worth it for peace of mind. Good luck with the car ����

Thanks @ TommyFN2.

To update this thread, tuner said it was not the gearbox/over revving based on what he found under the sump, he said it was almost certainly oil starvation. More evidence (if it were needed) baffles are essential for track use, not optional.

Have tried extremely hard to get a baffle over past 2 weeks, but there are none anywhere in the UK, I've approached all the people suggested in this thread. I've spoken to Clockwise direct too, they haven't made any for two years, because up until recently there has been almost no demand for them. He said he's had them on the shelf for two + years, where the EP3 ones have constant demand.

Now there has been a sudden renewed interest, probably because more people are tracking them and more people sourcing the engines to put in other vehicles, he is planning to re-machine some more. He's got the materials to make a new batch, but it's not at the top of his priority list in the current climate, could be a couple of months before the drop in one is available.

If anyone else is reading this thinking about alternatives, there is a Spoon baffled sump roughly £450-550 plus £60-130 postage from Japan:

SKU: 11200-FN2-001-B

an Ebay seller offered this:

The price will be 416 GBP.
EMS Postage will be 132 GBP.
Furthermore we can declare a reduced value on the package for customs purpose.
Thanks,
SPJ Team

Alternatively:

https://www.facebook.com/Japex.Trading.Ltd/

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e120...=ch,segname=segname,crd=crd,url=loc,osub=osub

A few UK retailers have it, links earlier in the thread.

I'm still thinking about which route to go down, after the ring, it's almost end of track season, so I might just wait till the clockwise ones are made, given how much I've already sunk into the car over what I'd initially budgeted for, but then again, I might just bite the bullet, we'll see.

Grinspeed posted that they had been fitting Clockwise baffled sumps very recently. Might be worth getting in touch with them to see if someone has found a load sat on a shelf somewhere or whether they've just dropped lucky on one.

Back