• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 air conditioning not very cold?

Hi all, after a bit of advice please - wondered if anyone has encountered this issue.

Car is a 2017 FK2 Type R and the last two out of three journeys the air con has been blowing not very cold air, even when I turn it down to 18 or 'Lo'. It was blowing on full for an entire half hour journey when it was 26 degrees last week, yet the return journey also in 26 degree heat the air con was ice cold after 30 secs or so.

Then today's journey it barely struggled to keep me cool in the cabin in 19 degrees outside temp.

The car is only driven once a week or so - could this be part of the issue perhaps?

Maybe, if it doesn't get used the AC won't get used.
It is possible that since it is now 3 years old that the seals may have dried enough to let gas escape.

I'd advise getting it pressure checked and re-gassed.

Yeah probably best to get it checked, I'm just trying to avoid going out much at the moment. Might see how it goes after a few runs, but if it's still playing up i'll drop it to an air con place.

Update on this, was coming home today and was doing the same thing, struggling to cool and I checked the vents with my hand. The passenger side vent and left middle vent were absolutely ice cold, the driver's middle and side vent were just slightly cool air coming out. Any ideas? It's obviously still working, as half is ice cold, bit puzzled here.

Back