• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 headlight bulb issues

Hi guys, new to this forum. The posts have helped me a lot in the past so I thought I’d post for some help on this issue.

Got an ep3 and when I got it the HIDs were two different colours, one was slight yellow so they were replaced with other bulbs. £17 so not cheap by any means; a day later and the driver’s side has blown. Thought maybe it was the connection so I tried the bulb in the other side and it didn’t work.

Fast forward to today, and the other bulb has went out as well? The driver’s side bulb almost looked a little bit burned out, the passenger side does a little bit but not as much as the driver’s side. I thought maybe it was a fuse issue but I’ve looked at the circuit diagram and I see each side has separate fuses and relays, so I don’t see how both could’ve blown so close together. Also thought maybe an alternator surge but surely that would’ve blown them at the same time?

The only other thing I can thing is a shaky earth connection - there’s a lot of vibration thanks to the engine mounts fitted so I’m wondering if it’s disconnecting and blowing them when it vibrates. I put the shitty HIDs back in and they’re working fine.

Any ideas?

Are the ballast relays for the HiD’s still connected? Try disconnecting them with the new bulbs fitted.

Back