• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Illuminated door sills - worth the money?

I’m considering options at the moment to add a little more scuff protection on the sills. For those of you that have the illuminated ones, do you think they’re worth it?

Besides the fact they light up (slightly) is there anything else really going for them?

Ignoring the light, they look a bit underwhelming to me but what are your thoughts?

I’m also looking at the Mugen ones. They’re cheaper, they don’t light up but other than at night I think they arguably look better?

At £650 - £700 I’m not even contemplating the Honda carbon ones

I have them along with the interior pack , They came with the car and are a nice touch but I wouldn't have paid all that money for them, better things to spend money on really.

Probs not a great answer but everything is a personal choice on these cars.

Baz

I would suggest not worth it as i agree look a bit underwhelming.. Get yourself the footwell lighting kit off the forum member on here, fit it yourself and have some red light goodness that way.

I got myself some ebay faux carbon specials which give decent protection. Appreciate you may want something higher quality, but they are gonna get kicked, scuffed etc and are easily then replaced for fresh ones.

You could say none of the Honda Access options are worth it. It depends on whether you are willing to pay for OE quality parts to enhance your car? There’s plenty of cheap lower quality products out there but personally I’d rather pay more for the higher quality Honda options. I have the footwell illumination kit and the illuminated door sills, I also have the door illumination kit which I still haven’t got round to fitting. All of these are pricey for what they are but you get what you pay for.

I had the door, footwell and sill light kits done when I ordered mine. Very happy with them apart from the door leds could be a tad brighter. I justified the cost as I managed to blag £1500 off list price. :cool:

I had the door, footwell and sill light kits done when I ordered mine. Very happy with them apart from the door leds could be a tad brighter.

Same here. Ordered when new as a factory fit. I thought the whole interior illumination pack was a cool touch.

Thanks guys. Maybe I will stump up for them then. One functional difference I did notice actually is that the illuminated sills protect more surface area and protection was my main requirement. Wiring them in looks a faff but I guess installing and wiring could always be done in two stints. I’m not sure I’d want my dealer doing it. They’ve not proved to be the best if I’m honest

I've got these to install when I get the time, they essentially the typical Honda accessories range but modified.
instead of the 'civic' they have Type-R.
Installation looks like a pita :D
Bought them from eBay for about 60 for all 4 doors.

Screenshot_20200726-151106.png

Thanks guys. Maybe I will stump up for them then. One functional difference I did notice actually is that the illuminated sills protect more surface area and protection was my main requirement. Wiring them in looks a faff but I guess installing and wiring could always be done in two stints. I’m not sure I’d want my dealer doing it. They’ve not proved to be the best if I’m honest

They aren’t that hard to fit, they just plug in. It’s mainly the time it takes to carefully disassemble the car and carefully fit them. Mine didn’t come with any fitting instructions but cox motor parts have all the installation PDF’s on their website. Personally I think they are quite expensive but worth the money. I will admit that they are a little underwhelming in day light.

Back