• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Tyres...help a noob out....FK8

I did experiment with adjusting to match calculated load ratings and such, but in thr end I've found OEM pressures are pretty much perfect.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I did experiment with adjusting to match calculated load ratings and such, but in thr end I've found OEM pressures are pretty much perfect.

41 Front / 36 Rear ?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I pulled the trigger on a set of 255/35/R20 PS4's, Blackcircles had a 15% off deal so worked out @ £525 delivered. Which seemed decent. Just need to find a decent tyre fitter now :)

41 Front / 36 Rear ?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you're going mega fast!

You're best off using the lower pressures if you're not driving at sustained 130mph plus

I fitted 4 Michelin pilot sport 4s tyres size 255/35/20 and have done about 150 miles.

Tyre pressure I've kept oem and I absolutely love them. They look good, fill the arches nicely and feel more comfortable. The wear will also be better compared to oem.

Negatives I would say are that the braking does not feel as purposeful as before and the car sits higher too.

But overall it's a big improvement on stock.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yeah, finally got mine fitted about 10 days ago. I wasn't 100% sure of the look at first, seemed a bit tractor looking!! :) but they've grown on me and I do actually think they are an improvement and fill the arches nicely.

The ride is noticeably better, speed bumps and potholes don't seem half as bad. Handling seems better, but probably due to my old tyres being slicks! All in all very happy with purchase :cool:

I’ve read cos you’ve got a larger wheel radius now and more rotational mass, you sacrifice a bit of torque. Hardly anything noticeable I am sure, but slight trade off for protection

Hi all, good to see the forum back up and running, looks slick. I'm needing two new fronts imminently as I'm engaging the traction control in 3rd gear in dry conditions with warm tyres now! I want to go OEM size with the Michelin PS4s, but I was shocked at the price difference between the same tyres in 19" form on my FK2. I Had 2 x PS4s fitted on my FK2 for £260 with a 15% off code at blackcircles, the equivalent 20" tyres are £390 for the FK8 with a 15% off at blackcircles. Hopefully they will last a bit longer than the Continentals, they have done just under 6k miles. Might try changing tyre size like others have suggested the next time I require tyres, as by then I should need all four doing.

Last edited:
Well I pulled the trigger on a set of 255/35/R20 PS4's, Blackcircles had a 15% off deal so worked out @ £525 delivered. Which seemed decent. Just need to find a decent tyre fitter now :)

They had the same Flash15 sale yesterday on BlackCircles, so I have now pulled the trigger on a set of 245/30/20 @ £195 each, fully fitted, which will be getting fitted on the 20th this month

Hoepfully I'll notice the difference, as currently, due to wear and punctures, my tyres are a bit mis-matched. I have 2xBridgestone Potenza S1000s on the front, and 2xConti's on the back - one of the conti's being less than 12 months old. So I am going to keep that as an emergency spare.

This has been a handy thread, thanks chaps, never used Blackcircle but their prices seem good. Not got my Type-R yet but banking all this info for when I do and also the info on upping to 35's, always thought going up a depth size was a no no but the change seems marginal.

Well, I attended my appointment at the local tyre place to get my two new front MIchelins fitted and they couldn't find them. After an hour of waiting around while they were on hold to blackcircles, I went home as it was apparent they weren't going to turn up today. Around 5pm I got a call from the tyre place saying blackcircles finally called them back to say they've delivered 18" tyres instead of the 20". They also said blackcircles would call me today to let me know when the correct sizes will be delivered. Guess what didn't happen?

Not happy at all as I took my second to last annual leave day off work to get it done today, having pissed away all my other holiday days for childcare purposes in the last however long this bollocks has been going on for now.

Well, I attended my appointment at the local tyre place to get my two new front MIchelins fitted and they couldn't find them. After an hour of waiting around while they were on hold to blackcircles, I went home as it was apparent they weren't going to turn up today. Around 5pm I got a call from the tyre place saying blackcircles finally called them back to say they've delivered 18" tyres instead of the 20". They also said blackcircles would call me today to let me know when the correct sizes will be delivered. Guess what didn't happen?

Not happy at all as I took my second to last annual leave day off work to get it done today, having pissed away all my other holiday days for childcare purposes in the last however long this bollocks has been going on for now.

Yeah that is annoying...
My appointment is supposed to be this Saturday at 9am, but Black Circles do not have my tyres still, and still don't know when they will get them. I have been liaising with them via e-mail every few days for them to keep checking.
I am going to e-mail them today, and ask if they can defer the install date, until they get a confirmed date on when they can get my tyres. I don't want to cancel it, because I a happy how cheap I got the tyres for, so don't want to lose that.

Would you say Blackcircles are a good company to deal with "if" they have what you want in stock but if they dont, then they take your money and faff you about and eventually you get your tires?

Is that a fair assessment?

Yeah true - I checked a few, before I purchase from Black Circles (Costco, F1, ATS, and the likes) but Black Circles came in very much the cheapest at that time.

Fortunately they have just e-mailed, to confirm they now have the tyres ready for delivery, and my fitting will go ahead on Saturday - so in actual fact, there was no disruption for me.

Well it's all been rescheduled for Friday, blackcircles gave me a goodwill gesture of £15 off for the mess up. It's mad how quickly the front Contis wear down, mine are around 1.5/1.6 mm and the rears are still on 4-5 mm! Almost certainly the Michelins will last longer. Tracking needs doing as I'm getting uneven wear and steering wheel is off centre, I've been recommended Elite in Rainham, Essex as a decent alignment place.

I took mine for its first MOT last week, no problems. The technician pointed out that the front tyres were down to about 2.5mm. He suggested that because of the driving I do, mostly daily commute, that I invest in a pair of Falkens. Better grip in the rain and longer lasting.

Well it's all been rescheduled for Friday, blackcircles gave me a goodwill gesture of £15 off for the mess up. It's mad how quickly the front Contis wear down, mine are around 1.5/1.6 mm and the rears are still on 4-5 mm! Almost certainly the Michelins will last longer. Tracking needs doing as I'm getting uneven wear and steering wheel is off centre, I've been recommended Elite in Rainham, Essex as a decent alignment place.

If you're in Essex, first of all hello :p (Have a look at Essex Honda on facebook :) ) - I'd suggest going to Jet Wheel & Tyre in Benfleet.

Jake who does the alignments there has a K20 EG, so you'll get a decent service - Only £5 for a check, and it's a proper Hunter laser alignment rig. If you get tyres fitted there, you'll even get the H lined up with the valve as it should be ;) - I live right across the road from Elite, and I know my dad had some issues with them in the past...

Back