• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 CTR struggle to turn over after oil change

I went for an engine oil change a few of days ago and changed the oil filter aswell (did the gearbox oil too but not sure if is relevant to the issue) . After putting in most of the engine oil (about 4.5L), I tried to turn on the car and the starter would turn but the engine would not fire up. It took about 5-6 tries over a few minutes before it finally turned on.

Turned off the car and then added some more oil because it wasnt quite up to the max point of the dipstick just yet. Finished the 5L bottle into the engine and then tried to turn the car over again and then same issue. This time tried a number of times (lost count) over about 5-10minutes and then the engine finally started.

Now its been a few days with no issues starting up the car at all.

I've tried to find the answer online and I'm thinking perhaps there was not enough oil pressure? Though not entirely sure.

Anyone got an idea what the issue is/was?

I must have done half a dozen oil changes on my ep3 and never had this issue. Was it struggling to turn or just not firing?

Back