• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Second service tomorrow .... should anything need replaced?

As title, we have the car booked in for the second service tomorrow.

Apart from the AC being knackered, everything else seems to be fine.

Since the dealer tried it on last year for £480 of tyres that weren't needed, is there anything that should be a cost after 2 years. Car has done 15k so not sure if brake pads would be needed?

Cheers!

I think everyone's AC is knackered... As in its just generally crap! Had mine regassed and checks for leaks under warranty, made no difference!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

It worked perfectly well until about 6 weeks ago. Makes a screeching noise when turned on now and no cold air.

mine needed rear pads on the 2nd service (edit: at 15k miles), said the originals had started to crumble on the edges, sign of them getting somewhat hot. hmm...

was told the car uses a tad of the rear brake for stability and also to stop the nose pitching forward and downwards too much, hence why rears can go before the fronts.

Dealer was a bit better this time. They sent a video showing the brakes and tyres. Pads both front and rear are about 40% worn so OK. They tried to do me on tyres again, they found a cut on one of the rear tyres that is through to the cord apparently, but it's tiny. They were looking for £502 for a set but I can get them cheaper myself. The tyres still have 4mm and I'm a bit loathed to replace them just yet for a tiny cut in one of them.

They checked the AC and it's the condenser (surprise surprise) so they're submitting a warranty claim and ordering the part. that could take long enough.

My dealer has been sending me videos for quite some time now when they service the car & are happy to price match tyres from online sources :D

Back