• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Skoda Superb 3.6 V6 4x4 Estate DSG

My new car after selling the EP3. Going to be used as a daily and for towing the track car. Actually bought it off Jamie (son).
More pics to follow.
d270cc7ee1e7adc3f20d6ec247e4b437.jpg

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

My new car after selling the EP3. Going to be used as a daily and for towing the track car. Actually bought it off Jamie (son).
More pics to follow.

Thought the plate was familiar unless you're doing some form of engine swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the 2.0tdi variant, lovely place to be. The petrol one must be a nice drive with dsg and they come fully kitted don't they?

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

It is a nice place to be Norv without a doubt.
Not sure if it's got every option but does have a few toys.
First thing will be to sort the exhaust to release that lovely V6 noise. Looking forward to owning it, sad to see the civic go but that's life.

What's the mpg like on the petrol? I've always been a bit disappointed with the diesel, average around 40 with little motorway miles. It's a big heavy car though I guess.

Ours is the same colour and L&K model, so has most the toys in it. They're a lot of car for the money.

The v6 will sound nice and towing won't cause any issues either no doubt! When's the engine and dsg remap coming?

What's the mpg like on the petrol? I've always been a bit disappointed with the diesel, average around 40 with little motorway miles. It's a big heavy car though I guess.

Ours is the same colour and L&K model, so has most the toys in it. They're a lot of car for the money.

The v6 will sound nice and towing won't cause any issues either no doubt! When's the engine and dsg remap coming?

Obviously not used it ourselves to see what mpg we'll get but Jamie and I took the trailer down to Stoke to pick up the track car after it had some work done. 200 mile round trip averaged about 26mpg @ 60mph 90% motorway which I thought was actually very good. Remap on engine and dsg had been done by a previous owner but we have no paperwork to prove this. It does have some grunt though even with a trailer and car on it does accelerate very well. Jamie drove it down to France 800 miles and it averaged mid to high 30,s this was with no trailer.

That's a lot better than I imagined actually. I think on a run ours would manage 50+ given half a chance on a decent run. But it's not too bad, round town etc seems to rinse through the fuel. Sometimes we get 400 to a tank, others nearer 600. I didn't think it would vary quite so much!

I don't think we will see much more than 250/300 to a tank. So fuel costs will only be slightly higher than the civic. Car tax on the other hand is more expensive being in the top bracket but too offset that insurance is a third less then the civic. Never really run a car with numbers in mind though, like it, buy it, run it. It is a rare car though not many were sold. 80 ish I think saloon/estate.

Plates now on, got to admit does look strange on another vehicle.
f95c14036b7e23631f5f02e218e536a3.jpg

So this is essentially a Passat R36? Have to be honest that I'm not surprised that there is a Skoda variant, but I have never actually seen one on the road.

I did toy with the idea of a R36 estate to replace the Volvo, but there weren't many about. And being a fairly old model now I doubt the ones that I could have found would have been in a good condition.

So this is essentially a Passat R36? Have to be honest that I'm not surprised that there is a Skoda variant, but I have never actually seen one on the road.

I did toy with the idea of a R36 estate to replace the Volvo, but there weren't many about. And being a fairly old model now I doubt the ones that I could have found would have been in a good condition.
Basically yes Karl although slightly detuned at 260bhp. It is a rare car the 3.6 only about 80 sold.

Bhp Cars are importing lots of R36s at the moment :)

Basically yes Karl although slightly detuned at 260bhp. It is a rare car the 3.6 only about 80 sold.

So a reflash will take the power up to where it's supposed to be then? ;)

Bhp Cars are importing lots of R36s at the moment :)

I follow them on FB and have noticed this, which is what drove the desire somewhat. But the fact that they're ten plus years old and that I've never imported a car before gave me butterflies and I wimped out. :lol:

So a reflash will take the power up to where it's supposed to be then? ;)

I follow them on FB and have noticed this, which is what drove the desire somewhat. But the fact that they're ten plus years old and that I've never imported a car before gave me butterflies and I wimped out.
Up to 280 I believe. Always hard to give numbers without a dyno run. Maybe something I'll do in the future.

I follow them on FB and have noticed this, which is what drove the desire somewhat. But the fact that they're ten plus years old and that I've never imported a car before gave me butterflies and I wimped out. :lol:

You could look at the Superb 280 but they're a bit too new to fall into the same budget.

Back