• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pink fluid in the boot of fn2?

Hi, first post here. I bought my champ white type r a week ago today. 2009 64k fsh. Last night I noticed the bottom of the boot was damp (not soaking wet) when I went to get my new wiperblades out. Originally I thought my bottle of oil had leaked a little but the fluid was pink? So couldn't be that. The rest of the boot is completely dry and its only the very bottom (where a space saver would be if it had one) that is damp. It was raining last night when I drove it prior to my findings and I know fn2's do suffer with leaking boots but again how would it be pink? Any ideas what this could be? My guess is that the previous owner or dealer had a bottle screenwash or coolant that had leaked and hadn't been cleaned up properly? What do you think?

TIA.

Dry it out thoroughly and wait for the next rain or soak the car with a hose.
Then see whether it is wet again.

Thanks, I'll do that. About to clean it shortly so I'll check after. Just baffled as to why the fluid would be pink if the boot is leaking.

I suspect you are right that whatever got spilt was pink.
It's a CW so can't be residue from paint cutting and with no rear wiper it's not a washer bottle leak.

Yeah it has to be something that was spilt. Any idea how to dry it out fully? Do you think baking soda would work? Must have been a decent amount that has leaked as a week later after hot weather its still pretty soaked.

I'd remove all the boot carpet and dry it out in the sun or with a hairdryer, false floor too. Easy enough to remove.
Most fn2 leaks come through the spoiler bolt holes. Easy to fix with some sticky foam/rubber o rings.

Yeah tbh think that is probably the best way. Don't think its a leak as its pink has to be a bottle of washer fluid or something that's leaked in there. Thanks.

Yeah spent most of the day cleaning it all up properly lol. Pretty bad that he spilt it and didn't bother to clean it up. Must have been sat there for a while. Ended up taking the floor carpet out hosing it down, then got some autoglym foam shampoo and odour remover on it and worked a treat .Thanks for your help

Back