• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 PRL Intake - Evap hose / Coolant line rub

One for those of you with a PRL Intake; I'm having some trouble with a bit of a rub on the coolant line against the evap adaptor on the PRL Intake, as well as a rub on the Evap hose against the engine cover.

Now, Over the past few evenings I've tried adjusting the rotation of the hose itself, the evap adaptor, coolant line but to no avail - I've resorted to tesa taping which has tidied things up quite nicely, but this is now starting to rub through(!)

I've just gone out and tried to adjust it once more, but to no real avail - There's still very small clearance, which i've resorted to tesa taping the evap adaptor and adding tesa & soft velcro to the coolant line in an attempt to stop the abrasion.

Looking at the US, I see they've had a few rubbing against bonnets etc, but they've also got a slightly different evap connector from the pictures - has anyone in the UK had the same problem as me - If not, do you have any pictures of your install?

DzSWIjS.png

Rub on evap hose - I've mostly cured this now with tesa tape and a positional re-jig? Time shall tell.

JMWkqCf.png

This one's the real ******* - Any suggestions? (My tesa tape / velcro botch isn't visible here :p )

i dont have the issue your having so i've just been outside to take a couple of photos for you to compare against mine.
hope it helps
PRL.jpg

cover.jpg

Cheers! - Looks like I'm on the right track then, as I have seen some American users with all manner of odd rotations / reroutings which I couldn't make work.

It was dark last night, so I've took a couple more today, including underneath, hopefully this maybe a bit more helpful?
Also looking at your photos can you not pull the small tubing further back through the holding clip?

uu8yqdK.jpg

c6zna16.jpg

Ignore my rubbish intake wrap, I'm experimenting with something :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the high volume intake yes gents, as can’t tell from the pics as I know they do the hose and filter on their own

If so where did you get it from, and did you fit yourselves then? Dream don’t do them but was hoping to get this fitted as well, as the remap on their dyno.

How’s the sound? Hell of a lot cheaper than eventuri for surely 95% same effect

Yes, full HVI

Got mine from torque GT amd fitted myself - sound is fantastic, and the numbers from American tuners seem to check out quite nicely (and in some cases better than the eventuri!)

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Back