• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Side skirt removal/refitting help

So I found a guide on how to remove the side skirts on my EP3 and now I want to put it back together.

I've tried putting the clips back onto the car and sliding the side skirt back on and this is proving a bit tricky as it's very stiff.

My preferred option is to slide all of the clips back onto the side skirt and then just clip the whole thing back onto the car. However there is 1 black clip I'm struggling to remove.

Any ideas how to get this one off as unlike the white ones which just turn 45 degrees this one is different.

Also I'm struggling to find the replacement part on Ling's Honda in case I break it.

I'd appreciate any help on this one. Thanks.

7b706e0db34576b9fcc9198598256b39.jpg
78e37b3769d2cb515a9eed3529512c97.jpg

Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk

Yep, that's way I did it, when I did mine. Clips rotated and removed, refitted to the skirts and skirts clipped back into the body work. I remember that one black clip being a bastid! Thing is, I can't remember if I pulled it out, or whether it was one of those clips you have to 'nip' the end together and remove. I've added the link from my thread, to show you the other side of that clip (may have to tweak the brightness!)

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?105141-Cosmic-Grey-2005-EP3-Civic-Type-R/page4

Hope that helps mate :smt023

Had a look at your thread. Even when brightening the picture I couldn't quite make it out.

However now knowing that I needed to get those black ones removed I had another go and voila all sorted.

Thank you for your help and encouragement
9edc019a3c2efdc9c4dd5a155bc8b314.jpg

Had a look at your thread. Even when brightening the picture I couldn't quite make it out.

However now knowing that I needed to get those black ones removed I had another go and voila all sorted.

Thank you for your help and encouragement
9edc019a3c2efdc9c4dd5a155bc8b314.jpg

Nice one mate, no worries :)

I have those exact trim tools. Best couple of quid I've ever spent :lol:

I must admit I'd forgotten about having them. They are bloody handy.

All the interior is back in and the skirts are back on.

Still need to sort out the welding but until I get around to sorting it I thought I may as well put the car back together for now.

Back