• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Stones. Again!

I've got the usual problem of a stone stuck between the disc and shield which I'll dig out myself. Can some kind soul tell me the torque settings for the wheel bolts please?

94ftlb/127Nm for FK2/FK8 :smt023

6f9fcaa8fac44ffa532921fe15a8a56e.jpg

When the wheels off I tend to undo the little Phillips screw that hold the disk In place and wobble the disc. They tend to just fall out on the ground then

So, I dropped the car off at Kwik Fit as planned. They said “We’ll ring you”. One hour later I get the promised call and went to pick my motor up. They explained that they had taken off both front wheels, removed the backing plates, removed a couple of stones from the holes in the disc’s, removed the pads and dressed them off to remove any scoring and re-polished the discs. “How much do I owe you”? Says I, “Nothing” says he. “What”? Says I, aghast. “We’re going to put it down as a safety check” was the reply. I even offered him a tenner to buy biscuits. Nope, they were having none of it. I did promise to be back when I need tyres though. Fair play to Kwik Fit.

So, I dropped the car off at Kwik Fit as planned. They said “We’ll ring you”. One hour later I get the promised call and went to pick my motor up. They explained that they had taken off both front wheels, removed the backing plates, removed a couple of stones from the holes in the disc’s, removed the pads and dressed them off to remove any scoring and re-polished the discs. “How much do I owe you”? Says I, “Nothing” says he. “What”? Says I, aghast. “We’re going to put it down as a safety check” was the reply. I even offered him a tenner to buy biscuits. Nope, they were having none of it. I did promise to be back when I need tyres though. Fair play to Kwik Fit.

..yes, but how many more miles did the car have on it when you went back to collect :lol:

all good and joking apart great to hear of good service, to be applauded

Back