• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 New FK2 owner - question about the boot

I picked up my lovely blue FK2 at the weekend but one thing I noticed was the boot has a large cut out which stops the whole boot being totally flat. It is like there should be a panel to cover this hole and the hole would be an extra storage compartment.

Is this correct? Should there be a panel covering this hole creating a totally flat boot?

I think that the lid has been dropped into it's lower position.
Try lifting the floor of the "hole" and it should come up and slot into position to form a flat base to the boot.

I just had a look and I don't have a floor that lifts up. This is what i have in my boot. There's just a cut out and nothing that moves up or can be pulled to slot into place.

I'll try and post a picture.

Are you sure it's a GT as the Non GT didn't even get a parcel shelf as standard & I wouldn't be surprised if the lid to the hidden boot area was missing from a Non GT too :p

Pictures will really help identify the problem.

Are you really missing the square floor section in the foreground? https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/148803/practicality

Here you go but yes, I just have a hole

image0.jpeg

Are you sure it's a GT as the Non GT didn't even get a parcel shelf as standard & I wouldn't be surprised if the lid to the hidden boot area was missing from a Non GT too :p

Well, I thought it was the GT but it's a possibility. I do have a parcel shelf and I do have Sat Nav, rear camera, DAB Radio and all the other infotainment stuff.

Update: I dont think it's the GT as the GT models get added luxuries such as dual-zone climate control, front and rear parking sensors, auto wipers and lights, and fully electric windows. Not sure what the fully electric windows bit is but I have 4 electric windows. I do have a rear parking camera but not sure I have sensors. I certainly don't have dual-zone climate control, auto wipers and lights.

So I guess the original owner specced certain options like Sat-Nav, reversing camera and parcel shelf on what is possibly a non-GT model.

So still doesn't explain the boot and the bit that's missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe i was lucky but I have non GT and had the cover panel, Till one day I fit a shallow subwoofer and forgot to put it back on and the dustmen took it :| I feel a bit better knowing I shouldnt have had it from the start :lol:

Back