• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Thinking of trading in for a 2020 - thoughts?

Be careful with an F Type, I thought I bought a nine month old 3.0S at the right price with loads of extras but still lost 9K in a year. As it happens my Wife hated it!!

I had a XKR before the Civic, so I’m hoping to tempt her with another! :D

Does anyone yet know if the 2020 Dampers themselves are a new part number, or if it's just the control unit that has been changed? - From what I've read, I can't see anything that mentions specifically revised dampers other than the sampling rate of the controller.

If so, would be a nifty plug-and-play upgrade. - And a fair bit easier than changing the bushings et al.

I picked up my polished metal 2020 this morning. Took a round-about route home bust mostly town driving and keeping it under 3k revs until it's run in a bit. First impressions about the changes:

- The gear change is brilliant, feels even better than before
- The enhanced sound is fine, didn't even really notice it driving around town even in +R
- The alcantara steering wheel is OK, don't think I would have specced if it had been optional though. I can see it's going to need regular cleaning but I only do 4-5k miles a year so hopefully not too often
- The buttons and the volume control dial on display panel are a big improvement
- You can use the LogR app on the display but it wasn't picking up the car data when I tried it
- Driving wise, hard to say as I wasn't going for it. Brakes maybe a little sharper but that could just be cos they're new. The ride seemed fine to me, maybe a little smoother than before if anything

Pretty pleased with it overall, think I prefer the polished metal to sonic grey.

Great mini review Matt. I think the improvments are tweeks to an already great car.
Brake pedal travel has been improved by 15% according to Honda so should be sharper.
Let us know how you get on with the LogR app as I know some guys in the USA say car needs to be up to temp before they start seeing temp data.
Congrats on the new car btw .

I picked up my polished metal 2020 this morning. Took a round-about route home bust mostly town driving and keeping it under 3k revs until it's run in a bit. First impressions about the changes:

- The gear change is brilliant, feels even better than before
- The enhanced sound is fine, didn't even really notice it driving around town even in +R
- The alcantara steering wheel is OK, don't think I would have specced if it had been optional though. I can see it's going to need regular cleaning but I only do 4-5k miles a year so hopefully not too often
- The buttons and the volume control dial on display panel are a big improvement
- You can use the LogR app on the display but it wasn't picking up the car data when I tried it
- Driving wise, hard to say as I wasn't going for it. Brakes maybe a little sharper but that could just be cos they're new. The ride seemed fine to me, maybe a little smoother than before if anything

Pretty pleased with it overall, think I prefer the polished metal to sonic grey.

thanks for that, when did you order it, and what did you have before?

Agree, wasn't expecting anything revolutionary. Mainly went for it for the new warranty and can see myself driving a Type R for a while so getting a new one seemed like a good idea.

Good tip about the app, will keep trying.

thanks for that, when did you order it, and what did you have before?

Ordered it on 19th Sept. I wanted polished metal and luckily there 6 or so pre-built and in the country so got hold of it quick. There was another polished metal in the showroom today so my guess is those ones were demo models for dealers.

Traded in my sonic grey Type R GT for it.

wow that moved quick! So yours isnt a demo and has brand new miles? or was earmarked for a demo but the dealership sold it sharpish?

wow that moved quick! So yours isnt a demo and has brand new miles? or was earmarked for a demo but the dealership sold it sharpish?

5 miles on the clock when I picked it up. Mine arrived with the dealer at the same time as their demo - he was going to give me the demo if it arrived first.

It was slight panic purchase - when I initially spoke to them about it there were 9 immediately available, then 6, then 4 when I think I actually placed the order. I think he just wanted a September sale if I'm honest though. I could have waited but since it was the colour I wanted I figured why not.

I got the paint, interior lighting and floor mats for free. Maybe not the best deal but allegedly Honda's list prices are being hiked in October (£1k on the Type R). Allegedly.

I honestly don't get the reviews saying +R is just for the track. I tried it over speed bumps and poor surfaces and I've experienced plenty worse.

I honestly don't get the reviews saying +R is just for the track. I tried it over speed bumps and poor surfaces and I've experienced plenty worse.

Reviewers prob have not been in a car with coilovers on .. That's a whole new level of sniffness . Everything else seems "softer" after that . LOL

5 miles on the clock when I picked it up. Mine arrived with the dealer at the same time as their demo - he was going to give me the demo if it arrived first.

It was slight panic purchase - when I initially spoke to them about it there were 9 immediately available, then 6, then 4 when I think I actually placed the order. I think he just wanted a September sale if I'm honest though. I could have waited but since it was the colour I wanted I figured why not.

I got the paint, interior lighting and floor mats for free. Maybe not the best deal but allegedly Honda's list prices are being hiked in October (£1k on the Type R). Allegedly.

Well congrats, your the first person on here I believe with a 2020! Lucky for GTEC there wasn't a boost blue available or he'd have the hump I am sure..!

Get some pics up when you can

Back