• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Thinking of trading in for a 2020 - thoughts?

If driving hero Chris Harris reckons alcantara shouldn’t go anywhere near a road car steering wheel then that’s all I need to know...!

Seriously, annoys me because this change and the sound thing are probably decisions by the Honda marketing dept rather than the engineers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Driving Hero” Chris Harris also said that nobody who was old enough to buy a FK8 Type R would because it looks so terrible....

“Driving Hero” Chris Harris also said that nobody who was old enough to buy a FK8 Type R would because it looks so terrible

Good point... well put... but he’s always liked the way it drives - watch the Top Gear ‘Japanese episode’ race against the Lexus coupe for a pretty overwhelming complementary verdict. I don’t think he ever liked the Type R looks though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I am still puzzled on this one

It makes sense if they did, but some American owners traded up for a 2020 MY and turned the sound thingy off and have not mentioned a decrease in sound.

Sometimes it decreases horse power like the golf R and no change for the Honda there. Could be an ecu tune of course to maintain 306/316. That’s why keen for Uk reviews maybe more info but everything so far is the same...so maybe gpf been fitted from the Start?

Had M2 competition yesterday for the day and Toyota Supra today as a comparison. Got given decent px against both leaning towards keeping mine at the moment.

Had M2 competition yesterday for the day and Toyota Supra today as a comparison. Got given decent px against both leaning towards keeping mine at the moment.

really! I thought either would have been a tempting choice. So are you saying you prefer the type r to both then?

really! I thought either would have been a tempting choice. So are you saying you prefer the type r to both then?

The M2 is a lot faster than both, the Supra looks better than both but the overall package of the Type R is better in my opinion, my 11yo car geeky fountain of car knowledge son said the same. I’d buy the supra for looks though, great looking car in yellow. It needs more power, where as I don’t think the Civic or Competition need.

Thanks all, I guess if you can remove the fuse or something for the sound enhancement (apparently you can't turn it off) and keep the alcantara wheel looking OK with a bit of maintenance then they're not too much of a problem. Only issue is when the 2020 model will be available, guessing after my deal's up.

Cheers,
Matt

Matt , The facelifed GT model now available to order at the dealers and estimated delivery dates from 21st Sept . The Sportline CTR is also available to order but deliveries fot that model are Due in Jan 2021.

HTH

I have to admit to being tempted to get another CTR next year. I’m looking at leasing to see if it’s a good deal or not. But wifey wants a F Type, so we’ll have to wait and see.

I’m really disappointed to hear that the newest TypeRs have a fake engine sound generator fitted.

Does the sound come through the audio speakers or is it a vibrator fitted on the bulkhead near the wipers? That’s how the fake engine noise was generated in my Leon Cupra 290. It’s called a Soundaktor.

I’m really disappointed to hear that the newest TypeRs have a fake engine sound generator fitted.

Does the sound come through the audio speakers or is it a vibrator fitted on the bulkhead near the wipers? That’s how the fake engine noise was generated in my Leon Cupra 290. It’s called a Soundaktor.

They do it to add a bit of theatre to the car .. it will be even quieter now with the particulate filter in situ.

It’s through the speakers. You can disable it though plus I’d recommend an exhaust as anyone’s first mod. Obviously there is the warranty concern with that

I have to admit to being tempted to get another CTR next year. I’m looking at leasing to see if it’s a good deal or not. But wifey wants a F Type, so we’ll have to wait and see.

Be careful with an F Type, I thought I bought a nine month old 3.0S at the right price with loads of extras but still lost 9K in a year. As it happens my Wife hated it!!

Back