• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Fn2 starter motor removal from underneath??

Hi

Has anyone managed to remove the starter motor on their fn2 from underneath?

If so please can you advise how you get to the hidden top 14mm bolt that holds the starter in?

Hondas fn2 workshop says to do from underneath, they make it sound simple

Step 1 remove the intake manifold bracket and 2 wire clips, _ ive done that, easy enough

Step 2. (Remove knock sensor plug, then remove the 2 bolts holding starter in).

The large 17mm bolt at the bottom i can get to / undo. But that top 14mm one is just not visible or accessible with any kind of socket / socket extension etc from underneath.

The bolt is there i can just about see it from top of the engine thru a gap in the inlet manifold

Watched a guy on youtube, to get his starter off he removed the entire inlet manifold and did it from above

Im trying to avoid all that extra work.....

Thanks

Got this sorted

If ur attempting doing your starter from underneath,
You have to undo that thick black metal strut bar that sits just inside the front bumper underneath

Remove the bolt / nut from the front lower engine mount that go through it

Remove the 2 17mm bolts from each side of the strut bar, now you can move the bar down and out of the way

You can now get your hand up over the top of the starter and feel the top 14mm bolt

Unplug the knock sensor first

Then i used a 14mm socket on a 90 degreee angle bend socket and Cracked it loose

Then you just have to fiddle a bit with your fingers or just put a long reach 14mm socket on the bolt and use your finger tips to turn it, takes a bit of patience but it eventually comes out

Then remove the bottom 17mm starter bolt, no issues gettting that one

Then twist and pull the starter down towards you

Now unplug the coil plug, and use a 13mm spanner to get the nut of the 12v connector

Back