• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How to disconnect bonnet latch sensor - alarm going off?

Morning all,

I have an 05 EP3 and the last few nights the alarm has gone off and the only way I could stop it is to leave my car unlocked... I've looked at the motion sensors under the aerial and they seem fine and dry.

I want to try disconnecting the bonnet latch sensor next but am struggle to get to it, has anyone any advice how to get to it?

Thanks,

Hallu

For reference this is what I did, hopefully it works and is of help someone who has a similar problem in the future...

Well I worked out how to get it off in the end and it's quite simple. Undo the three bolts securing the latch, take off the bonnet cable and then follow the sensor wire to the joiner at which point there's a plastic clip which hold it tight. Pull this up and the wire comes off and then pull the joiner apart.

Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of what my latch was like before I cleaned it, but it was filthy, full of oil, grease and dirt and I expect/hoping the metal clip (circled in red) which gets pushed on to the sensor wasn't making proper contact as a result. I cleaned it with petrol and brake disc cleaner so now it makes proper contact and then adjusted the bonnet latch so it closes tighter and forces the clip down. I'm am going to give this a try before disconnecting the sensor completely which seems to be the most common 'fix'.

Fingers crossed for a good nights sleep....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back