• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 EP3 idle hunting and Brake issue

I took my EP3 off the road due to lockdown etc as it is more of weekend car for me. As a result, it has not left my driveway since March. It now seems to have developed a couple of issues which I have tried to rectify and failed.

Issue 1: Engine hunts pretty severely on idle (cold and warm) , jumps from about 1800- 3000 on a cold start. I have since taken the IACV out and cleaned with carb cleaner which has had no effect. Anyone else any idea’s? I will probably take out and clean once more as a new IACV is rather pricey.

Issue 2: Brakes appear to be completely dead, when driving when the brake pedal is applied there is zero assistance as if the ignition is off. I had since done a brake service new pads and slide pins. Issue still persists, has anyone else had this? Done some research and looks like it could be a brake servo issue? Just not seen any threads anywhere of one failing on an ep3.

Both issues are no doubt unrelated but thought I would put in same thread, also battery is pretty much dead but doubt that would effect any of the above.

Basically car was mechanically sound before lockdown and now has developed these faults, any advice appreciated as I’m a bit apprehensive about going out and getting new parts before putting a thread on here.

Car has 65k miles.

Cheers

The rev hunting may be solved by giving her a good old drive.

I had a 02 ctr which was stood for a year. The revs just kept going up and down. Had the idle control valve cleaned and still the same. The mechanic advised me to give it a good drive in vtec (if you know what i mean) which solved tge issue.

Never had the brake issue other than siezed calipers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Try and use a small toothbrush to get all the dirt off from the iacv and make sure it spins freely.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Back