• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Haltamer's Civic (2019 Rallye Red FK8, FK08 BYE)

About time to start a car thread methinks; Gives me somewhere to keep track of everything I've done to it - Have made an earlier start over on Civinfo, but need to update that one too!

mucJ0wZ.jpg

d97cbAO.jpg

U2BMg8Y.jpg

The current list of modifications is (Take a breath!)

Exterior
- OEM Carbon pack (Wing, Diffuser, Mirror caps & B Pillar trims)
- PMC Carbon Wing-vent inserts
- "Hot Version", "VTEC Club" and Pistonheads stickers :D
- LED Lighting
- Osram Premium LED Brake lights
- ClassicCarLEDs LED Indicators
- TypeRLeds Reversing lights
- Unity LED Side markers
- Hella Supertone Horns

Interior & ICE
- JL Audio Speaker Retrofit
- 4x C1-650 Door Speakers
- 1x C2-350 Dash Speaker
- 2x C2-075 Front Tweeters
- Doorcard & (Light) Boot Sound-deadening
- Alanos350z "Dead pedal" cover and Sills
- LED Lighting
- Osram Premium LED Interior lights
- Red LED Glove box light
- Kap Industries extinguisher bracket

Drivetrain
- Acutiy Shifter Bushings
- Acuity Short Shifter
- Acuity Throttle Pedal Spacer

Engine
- PRL High-Volume Intake
- Bluespark Tuning Box

Wheels
- Red rocket valvecaps :p
- Michelin PS4S 255/35/20

That's a fair bit to start with; You can see some more pictures and guides over on the Civinfo post (Or feel free to ask :) ) - I'll try to add more as I go.

Most recent addition was the Bluespark courtesy of Garethdj; Makes a big difference to the spool and total power; Seems more linear than the OE Map and has had me powering through many an overtake :p - Seems to lend new life to the upper gears, too - It's very quick up to 100 now; It's a shame I don't have a dragy or something to measure 70 - 100 times because I'd guess there's a number of seconds in it.

Hadn't planned to add more power TBH, being quite happy with the factory set up, but very glad now that I have - It does a good job of preserving the "spirit" of the original map, and it's still a great joy to whizz all the way up to redline, and hasn't yet presented any problems for the chassis (Other than 2nd gear having a fair bit of wheelspin now!) and the smooth roll-on of the spool makes the car seem even more drivable than it already was.

Future plans? With the outcomes from the BlueSpark, I'm now thinking of a sports cat, turbo blanket and perhaps an inlet pipe (Not in much of a hurry though!) - Mostly happy with where I am now (He says!)

Currently waiting for a new gear gaiter to come from Kolourkoncept in suede - sent off a dodgy ebay one that fitted perfectly but was made of crap material - hopefully have that to do tomorrow!

On a more boring, maintainence note, just fitted a new cabin filter - mostly for the sake of it, but should help keep out corona

Went for a fancy Mann filter; it was only £20 from Amazon, so cheaper than the OEM filter - it's got far more heft too; much thicker filter material, active carbon and biocidal coatings so should keep the car smelling clean :D
32138d4adf1c0bffbc19da82ff7159a6.jpg
79ff2edb4db7798fd8ae0545009993b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

About time to start a car thread methinks; Gives me somewhere to keep track of everything I've done to it - Have made an earlier start over on Civinfo, but need to update that one too!

The current list of modifications is (Take a breath!)

Exterior
- OEM Carbon pack (Wing, Diffuser, Mirror caps & B Pillar trims)
- PMC Carbon Wing-vent inserts
- "Hot Version", "VTEC Club" and Pistonheads stickers :D
- LED Lighting
- Osram Premium LED Brake lights
- ClassicCarLEDs LED Indicators
- TypeRLeds Reversing lights
- Unity LED Side markers
- Hella Supertone Horns

Interior & ICE
- JL Audio Speaker Retrofit
- 4x C1-650 Door Speakers
- 1x C2-350 Dash Speaker
- 2x C2-075 Front Tweeters
- Doorcard & (Light) Boot Sound-deadening
- Alanos350z "Dead pedal" cover and Sills
- LED Lighting
- Osram Premium LED Interior lights
- Red LED Glove box light
- Kap Industries extinguisher bracket

Drivetrain
- Acutiy Shifter Bushings
- Acuity Short Shifter
- Acuity Throttle Pedal Spacer

Engine
- PRL High-Volume Intake
- Bluespark Tuning Box

Wheels
- Red rocket valvecaps
- Michelin PS4S 255/35/20

That's a fair bit to start with; You can see some more pictures and guides over on the Civinfo post (Or feel free to ask :) ) - I'll try to add more as I go.

Most recent addition was the Bluespark courtesy of Garethdj; Makes a big difference to the spool and total power; Seems more linear than the OE Map and has had me powering through many an overtake - Seems to lend new life to the upper gears, too - It's very quick up to 100 now; It's a shame I don't have a dragy or something to measure 70 - 100 times because I'd guess there's a number of seconds in it.

Hadn't planned to add more power TBH, being quite happy with the factory set up, but very glad now that I have - It does a good job of preserving the "spirit" of the original map, and it's still a great joy to whizz all the way up to redline, and hasn't yet presented any problems for the chassis (Other than 2nd gear having a fair bit of wheelspin now!) and the smooth roll-on of the spool makes the car seem even more drivable than it already was.

Future plans? With the outcomes from the BlueSpark, I'm now thinking of a sports cat, turbo blanket and perhaps an inlet pipe (Not in much of a hurry though!) - Mostly happy with where I am now (He says!)
Great to see you're enjoying the bluespark!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Certainly am! Was on holiday over the past week and got the chance to stretch the legs a bit - The extra punch is fantastic for overtaking, especially as it comes in linearly like the OE map. - A little playlist for anyone interested :)

Managed to match my overtaking personal best of my old 1.4 (4 Cars + Truck) with a 5 Van in one, but unfortunately the video was overwritten!

Gear gaiter came in today, so I should have pictures later :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff. It's the old cliche of 'how it should have come from factory' in my opinion. When I went from the Scirocco R to that I couldn't notice much straight line difference but the bluespark definitely adds that bit extra!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Gear gaiter has been installed! - Matching the interior nicely now, though it's almost a shame to hide the Acuity setup.

Before...
1M05ghE.jpg

Everything apart (Nice quick one!) and some new double sided tape applied...
DRx3ePj.jpg

You can staple it with a regular desk stapler if you so desire, but with double sided tape and the mechanical clamping action of the surround, I'm sure it will be fine (Was on my last car)

(Mostly) back together, and looking a fine match for the interior :)
lXs5lpX.jpg

As before, Got mine from KolourKoncept on Instagram - He only charges £25 and the materials and workmanship are excellent! (Not sponsored before you ask :p )

Also found time for some other fettling whilst I was there; I've slightly loosened the screws on my dash speaker and added some double sided tape, as the top corner of the grille was lifting away from the dash slightly. - I've had it off a few million times now looking for rattles and changing the speaker, hopefully it'll settle back in now!

Whilst I was at it, I added some sound damping material. I don't expect it'll do much, if anything, but the more the merrier!
DMt4NJX.jpg

Time waits for no man, and I have a weird habit of working on the car in the middle of the night :p

Carried on from earlier with a bit more NVH work I had planned; Firstly, a look under the driver's side trim to look over my dashcam cable. I'm still pursuing anything that could possible cause a rattle, and this is one culprit - It's been loose in there for a while, but due to my hardwire setup I can't get it out and re-run it, so I need to work on it in situ.

Popped the panels of to gain access to the cable, added some tesa tape and found some points on the frame to tie it off:
KZdlkf9.jpeg

Whilst there, I took the opportunity to add some more sound deadening material to the panels I'd removed:
7fIOWBZ.jpeg

7CYKGmS.jpeg

As before, every little helps - And with these being near the arch and outside facing, One would hope they will have some impact:- Whilst this deadening material isn't great for blocking / absorbing sounds, it will cut out any tiny vibrations in the plastic panels. I also noted that the lower screw for the dash side panel had been rubbing against the bonnet-release surround trim, so I've tesa taped that too, prior to reinstall.

What I have also been planning to do for a while, though, is fix a rattle in the door and a clicking noise when opening / closing the door.

Taking the door card off, I found there was some clear abrasion around one of the trim clip holes:
UyJx5eJ.jpeg

Oh dear! - Tidied this up with a copious helping of touchup paint to keep things in order.

Then, Tapping around the handle area revealed the clicking noise was a result of a wrinkle in the vapour barrier -
ahVPlnf.jpeg

So I peeled off the barrier slightly and re-streched it, as well as adding a square of deadening material topped with velcro to keep it flat and prevent any abrasions against the doorcard. - Probably a bit OTT!
cMGx12M.jpeg

With that rectified, I added some more deadening material to the doorcard as well as some soft velcro for vibration insulation on any possible contact points.
byeTLCU.jpeg

Finalised that, got the door back on and found - Lo and behold, another creaky click! - This one turned out to be the result of flex in the plastic doorcard, So I've added some adhesive foam behind the doorcard to pad it out.
n5AqclR.jpeg

Now I just need a test drive to find the new rattles :D

Perhaps even more mundane than the air filter, but a worthwhile note if anyone is having the same issue - I had a bit of a creaky accelerator pedal (making springy noises) - not a huge issue, but annoying when playing with the pedals whilst stopped (as you do XD)

sprayed some WD40 Silicone grease into the mechanism from the bottom, whilst it didn't fix it straight away, it now seems to have penetrated and it's perfectly quite and slightly smoother now.

With regards to my rattle fixes, I think I've got everything! - there's one last rattle near my right ear to be pinpoint, but it's only at one very specific RPM, and rather quiet.

I'll get some pictures of my rattle cures for everyone's reference :)

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Back