• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

anybody know what these cables do? AUX button on HU does nothing

Hi guys, I recently bought this car and there are these 2 cables coming from the hole under the HU, plugged a phone into the 3.5mm turned the volume up to max, and pressed every single button on the head unit multiple times to no avail.

unknown cables.jpg

Any help is appreciated :)

Hi there. I think there are very few options on the market to connect your phone to that head unit and what you’ve got there doesn’t appear to be one of them. My best guess is that they’re cables left over from a previous head unit install and the seller has put the original back in for sale.

The oem head unit was one of my few hates when I had my FN2 and an upgrade was one of the first things I did to the car.

Hi there, thanks for your response, I did dig them out. And they are connected to something called a CC 9068, the main part of which has been removed as you say but the wires were left over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah not too far then. Rossi’s neck of the woods. If you see a white FK8 around those parts that’s likely to be him. Good friends with the mechanic at Bridge Street motors. Had some work done on a DC5 I had a few years ago. Seems to know his way around a Honda really well.
Thought it worth mentioning should you ever need any work done. Enjoy the new motor

Ah nice, yeah it’s always handy to know where a good mechanic is! I appreciate that man. And I will be on the lookout :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back