• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 CTR 2020 Review

[video=youtube_share;8RKhNVPsWLM]https://youtu.be/8RKhNVPsWLM[/video]

Odd review. Especially as he's clearly driving an older GT in the first part of the track drive (leather wheel).

Do agree with him that the furry steering wheel in the 2020 is a Covid-rich breeding ground!

My +r mode must be broken, I find it absolutely fine for the road and I use it more often than not

He always preferred the golf r so nice to see a glowing report. He’s got an alpine in boggo spec grey no painted callipers so not surprised the looks challenge him

My +r mode must be broken, I find it absolutely fine for the road and I use it more often than not

He always preferred the golf r so nice to see a glowing report. He’s got an alpine in boggo spec grey no painted callipers so not surprised the looks challenge him

I agree, my +R is fine for the road too. But I think they’ve changed the parameters within the different settings for the new car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll join the bandwagon; +R is certainly workable for the road - I'll sometimes dial back to sport for more challenging surfaces, because while +R will hold on perfectly the body starts getting a bit "busy" for my liking.

Not sure about anyone else, but does anyone find Comfort to be a bit too looaw over ~80MPH? (Mostly on motorways) - I find at higher speeds with more gradual undulations it can start to feel a bit floaty and underdamped.

Doesn't present a problem at all, as I'll usually pop into sport mode for higher speed cruises.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

R+ is fine, I tend to do full tc off but say I use it 20% of the time, in my opinion Sport is better on the road overall, although R+ is a bit more entertaining as the rear moves a lot more. In the wet Sport is far better.

I'll join the bandwagon; +R is certainly workable for the road - I'll sometimes dial back to sport for more challenging surfaces, because while +R will hold on perfectly the body starts getting a bit "busy" for my liking.

Not sure about anyone else, but does anyone find Comfort to be a bit too looaw over ~80MPH? (Mostly on motorways) - I find at higher speeds with more gradual undulations it can start to feel a bit floaty and underdamped.

Doesn't present a problem at all, as I'll usually pop into sport mode for higher speed cruises.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Comfort is a useless setting in my opinion. When I literally first got the car, i went to Cornwall for a week, 3 adults and bags. I thought I would put it in comfort for the motorway. I found the throttle response so laggy i was always changing down for hills and the steering so loose, it put me off ever using it again. Amazes me how road testers like it, and still give a glowing report.

I'm a big fan of Comfort - It's an epic party trick IMO! - I know what you mean with the throttle response, but I don't find it too bad.

The steering is actually quite useful; Especially driving around town it makes everything nice and relaxing whilst smoothing off any bumps.

yeah, I'm the same Comfort is my town and parking up to arrival mode. rest of the time it's Sport and R+ when the girls are not in the car. ;)

Back