• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type r ep3 induction kits dyno valve clearances

Hello everyone I hope you are all well.

My ep3 currently has.

Kn typhoon induction kit
Spoon n1 backbox
Silenced 2.5 b pipe *ebay part*

I had hoped my car fell in the 205hp to 210hp range with these mods.

I went to a dyno yesterday in boreham my car after few pulls produced 193.6hp at the flywheel.

I was somewhat sad by this my car has done 100k.

The dyno tuner told me that my induction is costing it power also I’m unaware if my valve clearances have been done in the past.these is a tap noise you can hear.

What is the best induction kit I can get to correct this.

Looking at cold air intakes even just cheap ones for pipe work to put my kn on or a tegiwa intake.

Tegiwa m or injen 3" cai.
Does the b pipe have some baffles in it? To give you some idea...
My 2006 ep3 with around 95k had a tegiwa m, a 2.5" catback and k100. Before mapping it made 190 bhp, mapped it made 198bhp. These figures might not be quite right as I can't remember the exact numbers. The tuner thought it could be the baffles in the exhaust being restrictive, so I had a custom b pipe made that had virtually no restriction. Back on the dyno, 214 Bhp. After that I fitted an RRC manifold, 231bhp. If you haven't got a k100 or kpro to tune with then the mods won't do much.

Valve clearances are a must, every 25k. I did my own.

Have you had had your modifications mapped properly, or just fitted them and carried on?

Back