• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Honda Civic 2017 + Honda 3D Sound Kit

Hmm; There was a similar DSP avaliable for the FK2 that was similar plug and play.

To be honest, For £375 you can do far more than the DSP - That's about the budget I used to change all of the speakers and add sound deadening (All plug and play changes too; Nothing that can't be reversed.) - There's a noticeable improvement in clarity, mid bass and general quality; I've had a fellow FK8 owner with the standard speakers comment on a noticeable improvement with a direct side by side comparison, so it's not just my imagination!

If you were to do that, I doubt there would be any impact on the warranty (Except of course if the after market speakers blew up), and should you wish to reverse the changes it would be a simple matter of unplugging connectors and unscrewing a few bits!

As an aside, Honda Connect is the name for the android-based infotainment system that is present in the Civic 9G facelift / 10G / other Honda products - They're all different versions, but it's just a branding exercise similar to Ford Sync - With an FK8 GT you've definitely got Honda connect.

everyday is a school day, a 3d sound thingy for your car...

The sound quality didn't bother me too much before, but its really not great. My missus cooper is brilliant, real deep bass and great midrange. I whacked my bass up on mine to the top (never did before as back in the day 6X9s would shake my interiors to pieces) but still not great.

everyday is a school day, a 3d sound thingy for your car...

The sound quality didn't bother me too much before, but its really not great. My missus cooper is brilliant, real deep bass and great midrange. I whacked my bass up on mine to the top (never did before as back in the day 6X9s would shake my interiors to pieces) but still not great.

I don't think this system can do bass that well, no matter what and apparently it has to do with the way Honda EQ the system. However, US forum (noting that they have the boot sub woofer) say it has far greater potential than is released through the factory settings... All very odd and I admit frustrating

Back