• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Rear pad replacement

Peering at the rear calipers, Looks like I'll be due a pad replacement fairly soon (Just passed 14K) - What has everyone been doing re. the parking brake retraction?

I've seen the guides around that recommend the Autel AP200 to get the EPB into maintenance mode, as well as all manner of dodgy windback hacks. - The Autel is probably my port of call, but if anyone knows of a more cost effective device (Or, Does anyone know of a clone Honda Diagnostic System that works with the FK8 and is fully featured - Wouldn't mind paying in that case!) I'd be happy to know!

Peering at the rear calipers, Looks like I'll be due a pad replacement fairly soon (Just passed 14K) - What has everyone been doing re. the parking brake retraction?

I've seen the guides around that recommend the Autel AP200 to get the EPB into maintenance mode, as well as all manner of dodgy windback hacks. - The Autel is probably my port of call, but if anyone knows of a more cost effective device (Or, Does anyone know of a clone Honda Diagnostic System that works with the FK8 and is fully featured - Wouldn't mind paying in that case!) I'd be happy to know!
The AP200 will do the EPB pad reset procedure just fine, it is the one I used to change mine.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

When you receive the new pads you will see there is not really much pad to start with. When I changed mine I decided that I had been way to over cautious. The manual windback "hack" is listed in the honda maintenance manual and can be done without an electronic gizmo. As long as you take your time and follow the instructions it adds an extra 5 minutes to the procedure. I never had any issues with the e/brake when re starting the car but may of just been lucky ?

I changed my rear pads at the beginning of lock down. Pretty easy to do, when you disengage the electronic parking brake it stays off after engine cut of so won't be an issue.
The only small problem I had was that my rear pads where so worn I couldn't wind back the piston far enough to fit the new pads in. so I had to take of the actuator, wind that back using a T11 torx socket to make enough room. Probably added another 10mins to the job but no biggie

If anyone wants my AP200 dongle they can have it for £30 Inc shipping in the UK.
335fcc88be4f6766187f1221e7405c14.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Slight change of tack, but someone on FB was asking about bleed nipple sizes the other day for the front calliper - Sent me down an internet rabbit hole as usual, and I found these: https://www.stahlbus.com/products/en/bleeding-system/index.php

Not only do they look very functional, they also look the part with the metal bleeder caps, and they don't cost that much.

Does anyone know the length of the bleed nipple for the front calliper? I know it's M10x1.00 based on the BCS site, but not the length - Also, does anyone know the size of the rear bleed nipples? (Could even do the clutch!)

I like the look of those, sorry I don't know the size we need so also waiting to find out :)

Back