• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Spoon Sports Head Cover

+R

Hi all,

Very recently, I found that oil is slowly leaking out of where the cylinder head meets the cylinder cover.
Apparently (according to a comment by Tegiwa on their website) these are prone to cracking?

Just a couple of questions then.

Has anyone had this occur to their FK2?

Did you go OEM or Spoon Sports Head Cover? And does the Spoon Sports head cover actually fit? Spoon Sports Europe say it won't whereas Dream Automotive says it will.

I would go OEM but the price is very close and tempted to go with Spoon.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

I had no idea rocker covers were being made out plastic these days, I don’t like it.

If they do become more prone to cracking with age this is bad news. I’d much rather have a metal one if I’m honest but can’t see anyone makes them.

You’d like to hope it would just be the gasket but how many miles is your FK on out of interest?

Looks like the only difference in the spoon one is the paint

It's only just gone passed 28000 miles which makes me wonder how it cracked. Excessive heat or due to some structural weakness from the factory?
The car has been tracked twice since my ownership (2 years this October).

Mechanic confirmed that it's not the gasket unfortunately but the head cover.

Yes I think that's the only difference vs the OEM one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if I can actually go through warranty or if the car still qualifies for it. Also, me being in Cyprus, and not going to the Honda dealership for service/maintenance since importing it here.

None the less OEM it is.

Back