• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tiger seal

Taking my 30th anniversary in for a respray soon so was sorting out a couple of jobs before she goes in. Unfortunately the seal that sits behind the driver side mirror has gone at the top so I looked into getting a new one, went to the dealer in Southport and you have to buy a new unit as the seal is attached to the back of the wing mirror, this would be about £175, looking for a 2nd hand one online I couldn't find one that looked like the seal was actually intact. The technician at Honda suggested using tiger seal which is just a black silicon sealant. Anybody had any experience of doing something like this, if so do you think it should be ok?

Tigerseal is used in the mini community to bond carbon roofs onto mini shells using around a 2” lip of the old roof. It’s considered to be weatherproof and strong as frig. Dunno how easy it will be to get off again should that ever be required.

I've got a pristine cosmic grey wing mirror, if any good to you. Ah, just realised yours is pre facelift.

Back