• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Decat replacement options for MOT

Hello Chaps,

I have on my Fn2 CPL Racing headers (De-cat) and FlashPro Remapped at EFI - FlashPro Unit. But I want to change to a MOT friendly setup. What's my best option, apart from

1: Back to Honda OEM.
2. Tegiwa 200cell sports (which I've read may not do the job anyway???)

Thank you!!!

Not an FN2, but an EP3. I've passed 2 MOTs so far with Japspeed 200 cel sports cat. Only changed it as my original fell to pieces.

If i go back to OEM manifold, will I need to remap it again?

Yes. The back pressure will be different and the ECU will be calculating for a car with a different set up.

I think it's safe to drive safely very gently, don't think it'll cause any damage out of VTEC but if in doubt, call your tuner and ask their advice before doing so.

Another option for the TDI North custom exhaust, which has removable mid section and you can get a cat for that section.

Yes. The back pressure will be different and the ECU will be calculating for a car with a different set up.

I think it's safe to drive safely very gently, don't think it'll cause any damage out of VTEC but if in doubt, call your tuner and ask their advice before doing so.

Another option for the TDI North custom exhaust, which has removable mid section and you can get a cat for that section.

Thanks for that. That exhaust I think would be too loud, and it's also big bucks......

I think the best option for me is to go back to Honda OEM, in which case I think I need:
1. Honda OEM Manifold - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CI...075657&hash=item342c3ded05:g:7N4AAOSw~edfDepP
2. Standard Cat.

So if someone can confirm that would be much appreciated!

You think custom exhaust is pricey - have you seen the price of a new Honda cat if you can't get a good one from ebay?

Back