• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Metallic L plates won't stick to the bonnet boot on the FK8

Maestro that takes me back, it was the first car I ever drove.

I actually owned and paid good amount of hard-earned at the time on a MG Maestro 2.0i in BRG and fitted a Janspeed exhaust. even looking back now, it still was a horrible car but I used to think I was the muts nuts. :lol:

Been taking my 17 year old out in the FK8 quite a bit as he's waiting for his test and noticed that metallic L plates won't stick to the bonnet or boot.

They work on the roof and sides, so what is the difference. Are these sections not made of metal?

Yep they are aluminium.

I had a similar problem, my lads test got cancelled and we needed to get out and about in the car (he had been insured on the CR-V but didn't want to be on the insurance anymore)
So the mrs told me to put him on her Clio 200 for a few months til renewal.

Cost me £100 for 4 months!! Which I thought was alright! :D
Needless to say he loved it - sounds a bit like your lad - he's a very good and very confident driver so he enjoyed stretching its legs :lol:

BTT, we have the magnetic L plates and they wouldn't stick to our bonnet - didn't realise it was aluminium, so I stuck them on the inside of the w/screen at the bottom of the passenger side with 3m Magic tape

Back