• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Gearbox Issues

I purchased a new FK8 four weeks ago and I have an issue with the gearbox. I am having occasional problems when changing down from 5th to 4th. Unfortunately, 4th gear gets locked out and I need to press the clutch in again before the gear will engage. I have contacted Honda who have advised me to get it checked at my local dealer. Has anyone else experienced this problem.

Many thanks.

I can only go by personal experience with my 2020 pfl.

From new I got the odd lockout changing 3rd to 4th but don’t remember experiencing it 5th to 4th.

As you’ve stated a quick double clutch movement is all it takes. I bore with it because it only happened a few times and it’s got better for me.

I put it down to things needing to just bed in a bit. Here’s my previous reply if the link works:

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/...Release-chat&p=1415431&viewfull=1#post1415431

Last edited by a moderator:
Just seen this.

Characteristics of the car so all good. :lol:

e01db64c3b153527c188932f3378081c.jpg

Thought about it, but I found the rejection process very stressful. Furthermore, this issue has not been resolved by Honda and there are other issues with their gearbox’s too. As a result, I am not prepared to go through all this again and it is pot luck wether you get a good or bad one.

Thought about it, but I found the rejection process very stressful. Furthermore, this issue has not been resolved by Honda and there are other issues with their gearbox’s too. As a result, I am not prepared to go through all this again and it is pot luck wether you get a good or bad one.

Fair enough. Remember the days of the “Friday afternoon” car? Sounds like you had one. I suppose it could happen with any car, but good, and better, luck with your next purchase.

Back