• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 New Tyre Advice - Kumho's

Hi All,

Looking to replace all 4 tyres on my EP3 this month. Usually I would try to match whatever came as stock, in this case Bridgestone Potenza's. However, I've read some great reviews for Kumho's. And they're about £30 per corner cheaper!

Does anyone have any experience of these? And if so, are they worth the saving?

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

Looking to replace all 4 tyres on my EP3 this month. Usually I would try to match whatever came as stock, in this case Bridgestone Potenza's. However, I've read some great reviews for Kumho's. And they're about £30 per corner cheaper!

Does anyone have any experience of these? And if so, are they worth the saving?

Thanks in advance.
Got Michelin's on all my cars. PS4 on the ep3 and golf. Supersport on the mini.

Had PS4 on my Evo 5 and had 3 sets on my Evo 10. Good all round tyres. Decent price too.

What's the price on the kumho's?

Got Michelin's on all my cars. PS4 on the ep3 and golf. Supersport on the mini.

Had PS4 on my Evo 5 and had 3 sets on my Evo 10. Good all round tyres. Decent price too.

What's the price on the kumho's?

They’re just over £60 each. Wouldn’t normally look as I’d consider them ‘budget’ but the reviews are really good.

I used to run them as ‘winter’ tyres on my EP3, as at the time I’d get through two sets of tyres a year and didn’t want to have AD08Rs all year round.

They’re not as good as something like a Michelin PS4, but they’re hard to beat for the price. I’ve currently got 4 on my ST.

These have replaced the KU39's. I have ran the KU39s on my EP3 for a number of years now and for the price they are excellent in my opinion. Great all round tyre, they have done everything I have asked of them. There are better tyres out there but everyone has their own budget.

Only criticism is when they start to wear out the grip really suffers and goes quite quickly.

I wouldnt hesitate to use them again but my EP3 is now a weekend toy, I am due for new tyres soon so may try something a bit more up market as its not used as much so tyres should last longer .

Sent from my LG-M200 using Tapatalk

I used these on a Jazz and CRV, they were pretty good all rounders, decent all weather grip with good wear, they are also what my local Honda dealer, Brindley Honda recommend. They are good for the price.

Thanks all for your comments/feedback.

I think I'm going to give them a go! Since found further positive reviews online and at a saving of around £120 on the Bridgestones, it's got to be worth trying.

I tried some and thought they were crap. Didn’t last long and devoid of a lot of steering feel. They also deteriorate rapidly as they start to wear out.

You get what you pay for. They might be cheaper than say PS4 but you’ll probably get twice the mileage out of the PS4.

Back