• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Rear engine mounts

Back again with another potential mod idea :D

Has anyone tried any engine mounts on the FK8? - Hasport / 27won / Inserts for the factory mount?

It looks like there could be some good improvements there, but I am a little concerned about NVH - I've seen them described as "Louder" / "More vibration" - Which is all well and good, but doesn't seem like much of an actual description!

I don't mind vibration whilst idling, but I'd rather the car not be giving me a massage whilst I cruise down the motorway. - As you can probably tell by my car post, I also can't abide rattles - Hopefully it wouldn't cause any extra given the amount of foam I've rammed into every orifice by now :lol: - But similarly, I'd rather the car doesn't sound like a cement mixer full of forks.

i've the hasport on my FK2R. 70A durometer. get one - well worth it. I'm not sure i'd go to 88A (iirc that was next firmness up) but i' can only compare between whatever the stock firmness is to the 70A.
it's stopped wheel hop but has introduced some low RPM vibration. car doesnt like being below about 2k rpm. so where i'd drive at 30mph in 4th on the stock mount, i now do 3rd gear

Imho having changed on previous cars, is if it is mostly a road car leave as standard, in my experience they wear out quicker and very little benefit. On a smooth track feels good.

Hmm, Given most of my driving is on the road I'd probably consider the Hasport 62A in that case - I don't use the car to commute so my driving is either for pleasure or touring, including a tiny touch of track-esque driving here and there.

I'll keep it in mind :D

thing i found with the 70a is it stops wheel hop nicely on street tyres (upto ps4s's i think). i drive around the low-rpm vibration and dont even know it's fitted. it took 3-4 weeks (700mile) to settle down from new but thats normal run-in for most new goodies.
tbh it was more of a secondary thing as i bought it primarily to stop engine twist when i fitted a 10AN oil cooler. the sandwich plate connections run so close to the subframe that i've had to 7mm spacer the engine and add the RMM to avoid twist.
going back to wheel hop - it wasn't much good at stopping it on the cup2's or ar1's in the dry but for mecahnical sympthy and wallet reasons, then they're not tyres you should be spinning up anyway :D

Back