• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

valve clearance question

hi all
I am going to adjust my valve clearances tomorrow and never having done twin cam ones before i have a question..when the relevant piston is at tdc, are the inlet AND the exhaust done at the same time..i have watched various you tube vids and seen that the timing wheel marks are turned to 12 o'clock 3 o'clock 6 o'clock 9 o'clock and i've seen the inlets be checked and adjusted each time but never seen or heard that the exhausts be done at the same time..probably a stupid question to everybody in the know.

hi all
I am going to adjust my valve clearances tomorrow and never having done twin cam ones before i have a question..when the relevant piston is at tdc, are the inlet AND the exhaust done at the same time..i have watched various you tube vids and seen that the timing wheel marks are turned to 12 o'clock 3 o'clock 6 o'clock 9 o'clock and i've seen the inlets be checked and adjusted each time but never seen or heard that the exhausts be done at the same time..probably a stupid question to everybody in the know.

exact same time

Back