• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Two Stage Vtec?

Hi Folks,

This will likely be a strange one. Completely new to Vtec, and more so new to petrol engines in itself. I've been a diesel driver since I passed my test.

Just a curious question, I've noticed while pushing the car (07 FN2 Type R), it seems like there's a second stage of Vtec. An initial pull around 5800rpm, and then a second kick around 7/7k rpm. Has anyone else experienced this, or is it just a placebo? I'd assumed it would be a smooth transition of power when the initial vtec kicks in?

Again, would like to clarify, new to Vtec and petrol in general, so consider this a completely newbie post.

Speaking from previous experience with an S2000 a few years back, it was a different animal when you pushed the revs and the vtec kicked in, so probably quite normal. I haven't pushed the Type R yet, so can't comment about that.

Back