• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Stop/start inop and cruise wont cancel

Hi All
i wonder if anyone can help with this of do i have to visit Dealership
my stop/start has stopped working and nothing comes up on the screen
Also noticed when i use the cruise control the brake pedal will cancel the cruise but the Clutch pedal when pressed doesn't cancel the cruise control.
I have looked at the pedal switches as i think this may be the fault but the clutch pedal has 3 switches so does anyone know which switch cancels the cruise control please???
If anyone has any other thoughts please comment

Clutch never cancelled cruise on my FK2 and I'm pretty sure it's a feature to allow you to change gear without cancelling it.

Start stop needs many factors to be in play in order to work including water temp, air conditioning/climate control setting and battery condition. For example it could be if you do short journeys or your battery is tired, it just won't work.

The cruise control allows you several seconds to change gear before cancelling; To test the switch you could engage and hold down the clutch for ~15 seconds or so to see if it cuts off.

Re. Start stop, Do you have the I-mid "stop start" message turned on in settings? - That should give you a hint as to why it hasn't operated. - I have a three page document full of reasons for it not to work from the service manual :p

My stop start is very random, sometimes I'm convinced it's stopped working, other times it works every time I stop. I think maybe it doesn't work at all if there is a low battery, but as others have said it tends to go AWOL due to 'reasons.'

Doesn’t air con being on prevent the start/stop working too? Also I believe it depends on brake pedal pressure to engage? Probably not either of those in your case but worth checking.

I don’t have the FK2 but I assume there is a button to turn the start/stop on or off? If so just double check you’ve not accidentally pushed it! :D

Doesn’t air con being on prevent the start/stop working too? Also I believe it depends on brake pedal pressure to engage? Probably not either of those in your case but worth checking.

I don’t have the FK2 but I assume there is a button to turn the start/stop on or off? If so just double check you’ve not accidentally pushed it! :D

Just to let you all know some of you said about clutch pedal switch and you are correct you have to have it depressed for more than 5 seconds
To fix the stop/start the only thing i could do was disconnect battery for 5 mins the reconnect and now its works as it should

Back