• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 FN2 Type R - Whirring Noise when de-accelrating in gear

Hi All,

Recently purchased a Fn2 Civic Type R in Milano Red and loving it. Only problem/worry I have is that I can hear a whirring sound when deacellerating or just letting off the accelrator pedal in gear. It is more noticable at motorway speeds. Just wondered if this is something that I should worry about. The car has been well serviced (full service history about every 6k miles) and had a new 3rd and 4th syncro, clutch and gearbox oil change 3000 miles ago. Looking to do a longer drive in a few weeks time so want to make sure it isn't something critical. The car other than than feels like new. Any help would be really appreciated.

I have a slight whine too, thinking it could be input shaft bearing related. Ive done 4k miles with mine and no issues....

I have a slight whine too, thinking it could be input shaft bearing related. Ive done 4k miles with mine and no issues....

Hi Willber,

Thanks very much for the reply. That is certainly good to hear. I am planning to get it looked at by TGM Sport when they reply to my calls so once I have spoken with them I'll let you know if they shed any more light on the matter.

Back