• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Tyre Trouble & Jacks

Last week I had to replace on of my PS4's as the rear near side had picked up a screw which I found once I had taken the wheel off.

I did this on my drive using a trolley jack, which got me thinking about what I would do if I was out on the road.

Has anybody used the scissor jack that comes with the tool kit? I have always had a mistrust of them, so would welcome any thoughts and comments.

Dave

My FK didn't come with a Jack, Brought one from Amazon that fitted in the compartment on the left in the boot.

Regards

I think mine must have come with the space saver spare wheel i bought at a bargain price.

I didn't fancy the idea of filling the tyre full of gunk.

yeah no jack as standard as no wheel. I have the gunk which got me home one time, but I guess Id have to get green flag out to get me home for something more serious.

This very subject did worry me on Sat when I was on my blast, miles away from home and hit a huge pot hole. I was very nervous next few miles but all good.

yeah no jack as standard as no wheel. I have the gunk which got me home one time, but I guess Id have to get green flag out to get me home for something more serious.

This very subject did worry me on Sat when I was on my blast, miles away from home and hit a huge pot hole. I was very nervous next few miles but all good.

Main reason I got a full size spare, jack etc......It may be a pain lugging it about but at least I am in full control if I get a flat/damaged alloy.

Baz

Last week I had to replace on of my PS4's as the rear near side had picked up a screw which I found once I had taken the wheel off.

I did this on my drive using a trolley jack, which got me thinking about what I would do if I was out on the road.

Has anybody used the scissor jack that comes with the tool kit? I have always had a mistrust of them, so would welcome any thoughts and comments.

Dave

I’d recommend keeping a spare wheel and tyre for the fk8 handy..

Just so happens I have one for sale :)

I’d recommend keeping a spare wheel and tyre for the fk8 handy..

Just so happens I have one for sale :)

or two spares in my case, which dotty also sold me. I think I better check they weren't knocked off using a 3D printer :) :lol:

10 wheels for my FK8 and I'm thinking now about a track set ;)

Main reason I got a full size spare, jack etc......It may be a pain lugging it about but at least I am in full control if I get a flat/damaged alloy.

Baz

I have a couple of spares but worried carrying a loose wheel or jack can do a lot of damage in the event of an accident. How do you tie them down?

Well I’ve used it once so far and the tyre could be repaired saving me £225 as I didn’t use the mousse. One more puncture and it’s pretty well paid for itself

the gunk doesnt always mean it cant be repaired. A mobile tyre fitter cleaned it out and repaired it.

But....being stuck in a dark country lane with no signal and an axe murderer in the woods...id have probably wished id spent the £500...

The thought of a repaired tyre on a car with over 300 horses would cause me to lose sleep at night.

If its been subject to trauma I replace for peace of mind.

The thought of a repaired tyre on a car with over 300 horses would cause me to lose sleep at night.

If its been subject to trauma I replace for peace of mind.

really? I have had 4 repairs over 3 years. it would get crazy expensive other wise

Fingers crossed, I have worn them out before I have picked up damaging road debris, this is the first.

It could get expensive, agreed, but when it comes to tyres and brakes...

The factory tyres are worse for picking up debris. Now I’ve switched to Goodyear’s hardly hear anything hitting the bottom of the car now

Back