• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 FK8 Inbound

First one of the UK cars so the dealer told me. Said there will be 21 in total - 1 is owned by Honda UK. Done about 70 miles in it today. Just jog the miles up to get it run in.

28e25f53305014ecbb4dd47e57e7549e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. No mate, I've driven an FK2 on a short test drive but not a standard FK8 so I have no idea how different it is. Feels pretty agile and a bit raw. Bit of road noise due to the tyres and lack of sound deaddening and the rear boot cover.

Well done and congrats. Had you driven an fk8 before, just wonder how it compares etc

Deffo - It's weird, I put my deposit down on the day Honda anounced the car back in Feb. I've had a few calls from dealership over the last few months and each one seemed to start with a bit of uncertanty as to the order so to actually get it now is pretty amazing. I just need to get this running in thing out the way and I can give it the beans and see how it actually goes.

Lucky bugger :)

Hi Dan,

I contacted Adrian Flux via email regarding insurance for my FK8, but didn't get a response.

I had previously used them for a 911, so was a bit surprised.

Thanks. No mate, I've driven an FK2 on a short test drive but not a standard FK8 so I have no idea how different it is. Feels pretty agile and a bit raw. Bit of road noise due to the tyres and lack of sound deaddening and the rear boot cover.

Hi McR, please can you confirm if everything is stripped out of the boot or just the tonneau cover?

A picture would be great if you can be bothered.

Thanks,

Chris.

Weirdly the dealer contacted me today and said Honda UK has sent them a carpet for the boot. Will try and pick it up this week see what it looks like. The boot it pretty unusable like it is, but I guess thats not what this car is about.

Thanks McR, very much appreciated :)

Chris.

If it works for you I can’t see adding a couple things in there to make it more user friendly can hurt when it’s reversible?

Adding things to remove again is simple enough. You’ve still got those lightweight forged wheels and more track focussed tyres. A couple items in the boot really are neither here nor there

of course the real question is when are you going to take it to the ring to post a <7:40 lap-time to win back the FWD crown from that £70k frenchy car with plastic windows :lol:

i said it once I will say it again, I don't think they beat it! Surely we would have heard it by now to assist with sales, not so much for the LE, but the halo effect on the normal R etc. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't beat the previous Fk8 time. With so much scrutiny on laps now (look at that 330 mph car aggro) cant be any shenanigan's

Hey, I am #teamhonda and would love it to beat the meg, but time is a rolling on....

or maybe the window of opportunity was missed due to Covid-19 for Honda to get a day set aside for a full lap attempt. they would've wanted almost perfect conditions (cool temps) and the track was shut most of the time from March to June/July.

but I tend to agree with you fan, unless they plan to do it early 2021 to help the FK8 run-out sales and just sneak back the petrol/FWD crown as Renault (and everyone else) is moving to EV / hybrid power and AWD.

Part two of my car collection

f77480a51ff2c8d8f0ad23d937745ea6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the car come with the moulded polystyrene part that holds the mouse and compressor as this fills the spare wheel well and provides support for the centre of the boot floor. Without it you might find the floor will sag in the middle

Back