• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 FK8 Inbound

It has the foam / polystyrene base. Boot floor now fitted. No jack, just a pump and get you home sealer by the looks of it.

I was asking dealer it I could retrospectively fit the infotainment but apparently they stripped part of the wiring loom so not an option from Honda.

I know it’s not the spirit of the car to have a stereo but it’s just a tad annoying. I can obviously put a bluetooth speaker in the car linked to phone.

ab36899fdaa13b29fd3a958890a88133.jpg

a4b76054af44cd2572c1d83af345591f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah put a decent exhaust on that will give some aural pleasure...Modding an LE may be controversial though

It’s more the lack of aircon that would get me. I know i didn’t grow up in cars with aircon, but essential now

I wish they had gone more hardcore with it personally. Like the Megane R26.R or the 911 GT3 - rollcage in the back, harnesses, titanium exhaust, Perspex rear windows, thin door cards etc. But to not do all that, and then not have the satnav/stereo would annoy me intensely. If they had gone the whole hog, then the theatre and excitement comes from harnessing yourself in and firing up a mental sounding track weapon, but to sort of do it in half measures, but then not include just a simple stereo/screen unit just seems pointless. It's still supposed to be a hot hatch, you might as well get a 2nd hand 17 plate FK8 and a Caterham, unless you've got half an eye on future values. I'm glad it exists, and kudos for buying one, but it's not for me (unless it was way more bonkers and not yellow!).

I wish they had gone more hardcore with it personally. Like the Megane R26.R or the 911 GT3 - rollcage in the back, harnesses, titanium exhaust, Perspex rear windows, thin door cards etc. But to not do all that, and then not have the satnav/stereo would annoy me intensely. If they had gone the whole hog, then the theatre and excitement comes from harnessing yourself in and firing up a mental sounding track weapon, but to sort of do it in half measures, but then not include just a simple stereo/screen unit just seems pointless. It's still supposed to be a hot hatch, you might as well get a 2nd hand 17 plate FK8 and a Caterham, unless you've got half an eye on future values. I'm glad it exists, and kudos for buying one, but it's not for me (unless it was way more bonkers and not yellow!).

Yep, i'm with clam on this one. Really not taking anything away from the LE and well done for getting hold of one, just wish they had gone down the mental route. Had a really brief go in an R26R when i had my R26 and i couldn't believe the difference. Would love to see whether i can feel a 'tangible' difference between my 19 plate GT FK8 and an LE.

But hey, get out and enjoy it. I love the fact that you have one.......

Went out for a blast this eve. I'm still trying to keep it down to about 4k and you can go pretty fast even at that. Most the time I have been in comfort mode just playing with the balance of the car. R mode is pretty firm for all but good tarmac surfaces but it does sharpen things up. I thought the lights were broken as the main beam kept comming on but then I figured that the tech game has moved on an thats an auto function. Seems pretty good but deffo a few points where they should have been off. It's got loads of grip due to the Cup 2s on it. TBH this time of year its going to be anoying as they are pinging up every little stone and sending it as shrapnel to the car. When funds permit I may get a second set of wheels and a more road biased tyre for winter. I snagged a spare wheel today from a guy on face book so that was a result. I dont really trust that foam they give you. I've not properly pushed it yet but is seems really fast an competent. Its a bigger car than I thought. It only just gets in the garage and I think I'm going to have to get a new door as a result. Seats are pretty supportive. I'm trying not to scuff them to much when getting in and out. I've asked from some bolster covers from Palla Zoltan - so we will see what they are like.

What do I love about it

Way it looks - gets so much attention anywhere it goes
Way it drives, feels really competent
I'm actively engaged in the driving experience each time I go out - learning I suppose
Its a unicorn

What do I like less

Build quality - but I knew that would be the case. It may not even be build quality, but more the materials such as the plastics used. It does feel a bit like my EP3 just modernised. DNA I guess.
Lack of radio

JCB Automotive have just taken delivery of UK-003. Not sure how that works as I was asked by Honda not to sell the car on for at least six months. But TBH I will be keeping this thing as long as pos.

Wrong time of year to be getting a car like this.

My instagram is @simradosprey should any one be interested or if you want to see more photos of the motor.

44f832a205dd2243b55f12897e25468e.jpg

e6142440c83581c5e47e7a785b53e500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Comfort mode is horrific, sloppy throttle response, steering off a dodgem...don’t do it! Never understood why Honda made the throttle especially so poor

Glad your enjoying it. I’d get the wheels ceramic coated before the salt hits

Comfort mode is horrific, sloppy throttle response, steering off a dodgem...don’t do it! Never understood why Honda made the throttle especially so poor

Glad your enjoying it. I’d get the wheels ceramic coated before the salt hits

I agree , I think they missed a trick by not being able to make the modes custom to an individuals preference in the facelift model. I used to use comfort when on the motorway mind you.

First one of the UK cars so the dealer told me. Said there will be 21 in total - 1 is owned by Honda UK. Done about 70 miles in it today. Just jog the miles up to get it run in.

28e25f53305014ecbb4dd47e57e7549e.jpg

That looks amazing, love it. :cool:

Gradually buying all the parts back for her LOL

Boot screen thing, Spare wheel and boot mat.

a08b9a89bc5b276e6a40f127cde17203.jpg

697e40db1d710aef25f880e94f4788cc.jpg

eb23d9064561a04b98006fbdb3d90bc2.jpg

What was the individual spare wheel cost and/or part number?

The wheels not new , guy was selling on Facebook £175 bargain with a conti on it. Couple of marks but as a spare absolutely fine

Gradually buying all the parts back for her LOL

Boot screen thing, Spare wheel and boot mat.

get a wind up radio, stick it to the dash you are almost there!

For me, the LE wheels are so similar in design to the standards, Id be tempted to get a standard set of ebay, have these for winter, keep the BBS nice and fresh

Back