• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 loose rear lights and ns door mirror play

Xev

Hi,
So I was doing some detailing on the car yesterday and noticed the rear light clusters move around a bit ! is this normal or do I need to go dig about ? also the ns door mirror has some play in it (os it drum tight), and it closes slowly and not always completely, while I understand this could be shut off device, I have tried my known working one and it seems to be "similar" but not the same ! does anyone else have any experience of theses issues ?
Any advice would be appreciated :)

Doesn’t sound right with the clusters. I should imagine you just need to tighten them up from the other side. I’ve never known this to happen so perhaps a previous owner had them out and didn’t tighten them back up enough.
On the back of the boot lid there are two large inspection covers you can remove and that should give you the access you need to retighten I think.

It was the brake light clusters, I took the cover off, slackened the two screw, pushed the light unit firmly against the body and retightened, now they are rock solid. Thanks guys :)

Back