• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

4 different bosch batteries to choose from

I'm looking at replacing the battery on an 04 type r.

Currently it has a halfords battery model number HB053 and when looking on carpartsforless and eurocarparts i'm getting 4 different batteries coming up and i don't know which one to buy

I was hoping someone could advise me on which one to get out of the following:

Bosch S4 Car Battery 155 4 Year Guarantee S4 022 Small Terminals Positive Left

Bosch S4 Car Battery 156 4 Year Guarantee S4 020 Small Terminals Positive Right

Bosch S4 Car Battery 158 4 Year Guarantee S4 021 Large Terminals Positive Right

Bosch S4 Car Battery 159 4 Year Guarantee S4 023 Large Terminals Positive Left.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there’s multiples on euro car parts they sometimes break down the choices by VIN number, might be worth double checking that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I can't see anything to do with the vin number on there. I don't think ill be buying from the other place after seeing some of the search engine reviews though. The price seems too good to be true.

I would give Eurocarparts a ring or email and give them your reg, they should be able to tell you from that.

Hi, I am changing the battery on the ep3 I am looking at the yuasa 3000 or 5000 the genuine battery on cox is a 48AH 420CCA the yuasa 3000 is a 45AH with 400CCA after speaking to the local euro parts guy he said anything above 40AH should be fine and told me not to waste my money on the lion batterys as they are only 35AH and not powerful enough. I rather be on the safe side and go for either the genuine battery from Cox or pick the yuasa 5000 which is the grey one. The spec on 5000 is 48AH and 430CCA on the description on the battery itself it states 50AH and 450CCA I would just go for this it also comes with 5 year warranty hope this helps thanks haz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have also found this battery which is £100 in halfords and halfords says it is suitable. Would this be a decent battery? It comes with a longer guarantee than the bosch battery

https://www.thebatteryshop.co.uk/yuasa-12v-50ah-450a-silver-car-battery-ybx5053-hsb053-8583-p.asp

It says that it would be a suitable replacement for the S4 021 bosch battery, so it if is better to go for the bosch battery, should i choose S4 021?

That is the battery I was talking about there.

Back