• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 FK8 incoming

Can't remember the last time i posted something significant on a car forum, i guess this is it.

Impulse bought an FK8 last week, really had no intention of selling my FK2, but the BMW dealer I bought my FK2 from (yes i know..) called me out of the blue to see if i wanted to 'talk some numbers'! That was that. :rolleyes:

Not sure if I know anybody who hangs out on here, long time idiot on the DC2 forum, owned/ran the FD2-owners forum for a while, ex EP3, DC2, FD2, FK2 owner. Trying to have a read through of some of the threads before pickup on Monday. I'm not even sure what the fastest colour is anymore... :confused: Mines red anyway, hopefully that's fast enough. :)

Congrats and welcome back! :smt023

Rest assured, red is plenty fast! :lol:

I've milled around on the DC2, DC5 and FD2 forums so I've probably seen you about. Congrats on the impulse buy! I kind of impulse bought mine a couple of weeks ago. Traded my FK2 black edition with a deal I couldn't refuse. They are still allowing car pickups at the moment then?

I've milled around on the DC2, DC5 and FD2 forums so I've probably seen you about. Congrats on the impulse buy! I kind of impulse bought mine a couple of weeks ago. Traded my FK2 black edition with a deal I couldn't refuse. They are still allowing car pickups at the moment then?

"Click and Collect" is allowed :lol: Sounds like it's literally an exchange of keys, all paperwork has been done online, I leave my stuff on pax seat and presumably climb into new one. We shall see. :eek:

Anything I should look out for on pickup/drive home? It's one owner, sub 9k mileage, two new front tyres (these remain to be seen though, as they put some lovely Avons on my FK2 before i got it....) so i'm hoping there's nothing to be concerned with.

Congrats from another red owner here. Fairly new to the car still myself . Just over 8 months in but it’s been a time full of lockdowns and restrictions so it’s looking as though I may only do around 2k miles in it’s first year.

Welcome Arch

Don’t be disappointed by the lack of off the line ommph you would have been used to in the bmw! As a package the fk8 is fantastic.

As mark said do check the gear box, any probs drive it straight back into the same parking space but at that mileage I think it will be fine.

Edit: apologies i thought you had the bmw most recently. :D

Re: things to look out for when driving away, I didn't find out until a few days later that you didn't have to put your foot on the brake then release the electronic handbrake every time. You can just drive off and it disengages automatically.

Dotty - I believe Torque GT have taken over the FD2 forum now, it's alive again.

I think I remember you from the FD2 forum (is that still going ?) Enjoy the FK8.

I've just looked, it is indeed alive, and im still an Admin, just logged in! Found a post where id been a bit negative towards the FK2.... :lol: I'm so shallow...

So, I drove over in the Batmobile this morning, feeling a bit guilty for getting rid of it, didn't even have anywhere for a quick spot of +R on the way over. Red one had been placed right on the corner of the dealership and looked amazing. Had a nosey around, they nosied around mine, i squiggled on a a tablet and that was that. Waved cheerio to the very polite apprentice and made my way home. 30 seconds later, ooh this is nice, *forgets other car instantly*

Holy ****, what a difference. I honestly wasn't expecting the car to feel that much different, bearing in mind, i bought this almost blind and hadnt driven one. It's a totally different car. I mean, you know all this anyway, so my waffle is superfluous but damn, they've done a good job. It looks and feels more grown up, it feels more solidly put together, i'm very impressed. Sport on the road obviously better then normal in the FK2, Comfort great for coming through town, over speed bumps etc. and +R genuinely usable on the road and much better feeling than in the FK2.

2 niggles, the smallest of niggles -

1, infotainment screen angled away from you. Could have done with a few degrees towards the driver, but hey, i'll survive. The system itself does seem to be a decent step up from the FK2 one. Won't miss the CD player, Spotify or USB will suffice. Screen is brighter, bit more responsive and seemingly better features. Google Maps or Waze and sorted. :cool:

2, whilst my phone fits nicely on the qi charger, it doesnt fit if I plug it in! So i guess, use Bluetooth only when wanting to wireless charge, or plug in and place behind for Android Auto when i want the features. No big issue really.

Rev match is cool, gears shift nicely throughout the box so far. :D

Quick question, as i've not read it anywhere yet.., have we got artificial engine sounds being pumped in? If so, is it killable? I coded it out in the M140.

Only the latest version has the artificial engine sound :p

The biggest difference for me was improved ride comfort & ease of getting in/out of the driver's seat :D

Back