• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Civic Type R Limited Edition - Register - UK-000

UK-004 hit the streets today - Vertu Mansfield

cf2f05dfedff6b9d779fc4eda4f3e5a3.jpg

c26d34c6020f9db74f0fde2af8aa9755.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was a little peeved that it turned up with a dealer when I'm sure there was someone (Like yourself) who would want the car to keep, drive and enjoy. - Seemed like a wasted allocation.

Just noticed the fancy Honda wallet thing in the "phone cubby"
64f8dd68f34db297fed5ba2d84313582_415865.jpg

Did you get one of those? just wondering what it is - Special edition LE key wallet or something? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a little peeved that it turned up with a dealer when I'm sure there was someone (Like yourself) who would want the car to keep, drive and enjoy. - Seemed like a wasted allocation.

Did you get one of those? just wondering what it is - Special edition LE key wallet or something? :p

No, it was the optional extra 'flipping' wallet which has £5000 in it. I didn't select that option.

UK-003 was widrawn from the Apex competition, seemed a bit of a flop.

Now advertised for retail @ £44,950 - a nice £5k for the dealer.

https://www.jcbautomotive.co.uk/cars/honda/civic/typerlimitededition/415865/

I'm supprised Honda let it go to a dealer as they asked me not to sell it for 6 months and they wanted to avoid the flipping and for it to go to genuine Honda enthuisasts.

They didn't exactly let the competition run for very long either. Clearly the intention from the start and the 'raffle' was the only way to get one from Honda. Pretty poor all round.

Honda didn't seem to do anything about US dealers selling cars way over list to eager punters, so I doubt they care TBH. Honda UK might have different ideas, but I doubt they hold much sway unless an actual contractual agreement has been broken.

Definitely in contrast to Honda Australia who ran a lottery with a fixed driveaway price of $70k for the 19 on offer. You still run the risk of people flipping the cars as you can't legally prevent that, but the few people I know who won appear to be genuine enthusiasts and not profiteers.

£45k and not even first owner either I would expect. :|

I'm the friend Dotty is referring to above ;-)

I and my local Honda delear principal had a lot of negotiations with Honda UK following the unexpected sell out before I had a chance to place an order for an LE.

To cut a long story short, because of my history, Honda UK agreed to build me an extra car (or perhaps move it from another counrty's allocation) and said I would get UK #021, but would have to wait ages for it and it wouldn't be delivered until Feb 2021 (bearing in mind I tried to place the order in early March 2020).

That date passed and my delivery date slipped into May 2021. Fast forward, and my car was delivered last Friday.

For some, as yet unknown reason, it's #19.

I'm collecting it tomorrow and one of the top Honda bods will be there - I will defintely ask him what's the bs with #21 was and why it's not my car.....

Chris.

P.S. I was originally offerred the press car (#01) by Honda UK, but declined - glad I did now after seeing it being put through its paces by many many journos....

Chris.

Congrats Chris.

I’d buy one at 45k, but I’m not into overpaying for a car I’ll drive not leave in a garage most of its life.

Interesting.... I really don’t know how the serial numbers are allocated. Mine #16 was scheduled for going to build on 7/5 but was delayed a little. It finally came off the line Yesterday, clearly after #19 and #18 were built! Anyone got any idea about this?
T

Congrats Chris.

I’d buy one at 45k, but I’m not into overpaying for a car I’ll drive not leave in a garage most of its life.
Thanks Matt.

I bought it to drive, I never considered it as an investment/quick flip.

I might sell it in a few years, when something else comes along and if I don't loose as much money as usual, it'll be a bonus.

Although, I've got a whole host of bits from my friend in Milton Keynes to go on it, so in total it's probably cost me more than my A45S.

Doubt I will ever get anywhere near how much that lot cost back ha ha...

Chris.

Thanks Matt.

I bought it to drive, I never considered it as an investment/quick flip.

I might sell it in a few years, when something else comes along and if I don't loose as much money as usual, it'll be a bonus.

Although, I've got a whole host of bits from my friend in Milton Keynes to go on it, so in total it's probably cost me more than my A45S.

Doubt I will ever get anywhere near how much that lot cost back ha ha...

Chris.

Enjoy I love the colour and the principle of the car. I think if you keep it long enough you might one day, my friend has alsorts of exotica and drives them in all weathers, had his Scud out on snowy roads on our monthly drive out last month on corsas couldn’t keep thing the straight. :cool:

Enjoy I love the colour and the principle of the car. I think if you keep it long enough you might one day, my friend has alsorts of exotica and drives them in all weathers, had his Scud out on snowy roads on our monthly drive out last month on corsas couldn’t keep thing the straight. :cool:
Me too. I’m going to pretty much daily mine and use my S2K when it’s sunny!

T

Back