• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

When's the Swindon factory close and might we see a Type R 'Final edition' special?

Been pondering this for a while. Our FK8 is a brilliant car and the only thing I would chop it in for is a runout/end of the line special edition.

Does anyone know when the factory is set to close next year and if there is any chance at all we may see something special from Honda?

You mean the LE is not special enough? :D

Would love to see another special, can’t see it happening.

New 2021 civic gets revealed tomorrow, strong rumour there will be a new type r, so will be busy on that no doubt. Don’t forget fk8 was designed to be Type r from the start so could be a reveal soonish

A new Type R, I certanly wasn't expecting that! It will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings.

The LE doesnt interest me, I dont want to give up features to save a few kg, give me more power. Honda developed a map with Superchips, how about using it on a run out edition along with a few other special bits.

Maybe they will do an equivalent of a black edition run out. I think it will only be cosmetic though, as honda have never given run outs a bump in power and surely they would have given it to the LE. Cant imagine LE owners being too pleased as after paying 40K then a run out 350bhp model comes along...!

That superchips remap is available to be done on your driveway now, but appreciate it wont be warranty friendly.

Seems the factory is in/out of suspensions in operations. Brexit is casuing JIT delays and Covid must be a nightmare to risk manage. I hope the factory hangs in there and the Japanese don't shut shop early as the temptation to do so must be growing. Given those difficulties, the probabilty of a run out special is pretty remote I feel.

I've ordered mine in polished metal, expected delivery is April. Although guess it may have been pushed back further now, really hope they get it built before July!

I took mine in for a service on Thursday and the manager mentioned that Honda were considering a 2022 model with hybrid motors, with a, possible, combined 365 bhp, using the 1.5 sport engine and an electric motor. Over to the rumour mill. :lol:

more chance of Elvis being revealed in the masked singer sadly..!

They will be tryin to clear order backlog for a clean shut down rather than adding a new set of options to the production line is my feeling - Unless, its just different colour wing end plates etc

The new one we have had renders for may not come to Europe :mad:

something to look forward to paul, what colour did you get?

Yeah definitely, I can hardly wait. I went for Polished Metal. Bought some rally armour flaps in black with grey writing and got my Gtechniq ceramic coatings at the ready. Going to spend a good week protecting it when I get it and then look forward to many drives :)

Back