• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Back with an FK8

Jeeze seems like I've been away off this forum for YEARS

Chopped the EP3 in a few years ago for a diesel Focus ST ( don't ask me why :rolleyes: )

Always wanted to be back in a civic ever since I sold my EP3, perfect time to buy one, originally looked at getting a FK2 but definitely glad I went for the FK8, gets ridiculous amounts of attention around here as you never see any but I cant say anything other than what a car and best purchase I've ever made.

67 plate Red 18.3k miles sure to have plenty of fun in it

Probably just keep it standard as I really cant think of anything I want to do other than possibly a panel filter or induction along the lines

Nice one, I had an EP3 , the engine blew so sold it, Picked up a Mini Cooper as a stop gap, loved it for 2 years then needed to be back in a R so grabbed a cracking FK8

They are so much fun and like you say grab loads of attention, enjoy, I've had mine since March and still look forward to every trip out.

Baz

Nice one, I had an EP3 , the engine blew so sold it, Picked up a Mini Cooper as a stop gap, loved it for 2 years then needed to be back in a R so grabbed a cracking FK8

They are so much fun and like you say grab loads of attention, enjoy, I've had mine since March and still look forward to every trip out.

Baz

You seem to get a pretty high spec car for pennies compared to other brands of cars, I'll always end back with a Honda fantastic cars.

Would still love my old ep3 back for the good older days spent thousands on that thing and pretty much gave it away

Congratulations! Lovely cars. What's the infotainment system like? Heard it's very awkward to use?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Congratulations! Lovely cars. What's the infotainment system like? Heard it's very awkward to use?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

At first it was a bit of a pain, the touchscreen is nice and reactive and not sluggish but it has plenty of options on there. I tend to let the screen just sit on screensaver and have the dash set to throttle/brake percentage

Welcomeback! Former DC5 owner here so the FK8 had a lot to live up to and it didn’t disappoint!

Red owner here too. The colour just gets better with ceramic!

Welcomeback! Former DC5 owner here so the FK8 had a lot to live up to and it didn’t disappoint!

I haven't managed to get any detailing done since I've had it due to it just raining all the time... but can't wait for a deeper glossy finish once its done. It really is a good shade of red.

The car definitely doesn't disappoint haha full of tech to which I like but addictive to drive

I'm thinking of getting mine ceramic coated too, how much did yours cost Pingu? I still don't like red cars but that looks bloody amazing!

I had a friend do mine as he had all the polishing gear. I bought the ceramics myself and let him have the car for about 10 days. I got major mates rates but I’m told to expect somewhere in the region of £1k to £1500. It can be more if you have particularly bad paint but a new car is much cheaper to do than one that’s a few years old if it’s been poorly maintained in the detailing department.

The products themselves are somewhere between £200 to £350 depending on what you get and the rest of that cost is mostly labour to be honest. Even on a new car the polishing stage albeit a very minor compound does improve on the paint finish it came from the factory with. Once you have that polish stage done the ceramic application was fairly quick and my mate just let it cure in the garage for 4 - 5 days.

I had a friend do mine as he had all the polishing gear. I bought the ceramics myself and let him have the car for about 10 days. I got major mates rates but I’m told to expect somewhere in the region of £1k to £1500. It can be more if you have particularly bad paint but a new car is much cheaper to do than one that’s a few years old if it’s been poorly maintained in the detailing department.

The products themselves are somewhere between £200 to £350 depending on what you get and the rest of that cost is mostly labour to be honest. Even on a new car the polishing stage albeit a very minor compound does improve on the paint finish it came from the factory with. Once you have that polish stage done the ceramic application was fairly quick and my mate just let it cure in the garage for 4 - 5 days.

Yeah its definitely not cheap but results are nuts.

I've got stupid amounts of detailing products just not got anything ceramic, I'm lucky enough to live close to autobrite so have a few cupboards full of their stuff, I'll correct and protect everything once I get a break in the weather and the time.

This shade of red comes out incredible though and so glossy

Thanks mate. I hadn’t quite expected it to be so noticeable either but I’ve just had random people in supermarkets comment on how glossy it looks.
The thing I’m happiest with right now though is just how much it’s been repelling dirt. It’s not been washed in well over 2 months, it’s been driven in rain and I have no garage but it still doesn’t look like it needs to be washed! I can obviously see it needs a wash now, it’s just finding some time to do it, but to the average eye it still looks really clean!

Thanks mate. I hadn’t quite expected it to be so noticeable either but I’ve just had random people in supermarkets comment on how glossy it looks.
The thing I’m happiest with right now though is just how much it’s been repelling dirt. It’s not been washed in well over 2 months, it’s been driven in rain and I have no garage but it still doesn’t look like it needs to be washed! I can obviously see it needs a wash now, it’s just finding some time to do it, but to the average eye it still looks really clean!

First thing I noticed was the amount of gloss shine it really stands out.

I always use a sealant top up through winter just to keep on top of the salt/bad weather, gives a huge shine too.

You can always tell a looked after car when the dirt dries in the bead pattern haha, I'm going to try to just get a bit of product on it this weekend just to see me through the winter until I can start correcting the paint.

As soon as flikr lets me make an account I'll pop some pictures up and how well the focus came up once that was corrected

This is what I did too. The ceramic will cure much quicker in the warmer weather.
Bought it in March, sealed it then had it fully prepped, polished and coated around august time I think it was

This is what I did too. The ceramic will cure much quicker in the warmer weather.
Bought it in March, sealed it then had it fully prepped, polished and coated around august time I think it was

I'm still yet to invest in any ceramic coating im still old school with wax at the minute. Definitely on the to do list

Back