• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Front light calamity

Well I thought nice easy 2 min job to change a couple front lights bulbs, oh no. Bought 2 new front light bulbs, 5000k white lights. Changed drivers side easy, nooob here drop passenger side into the casing, can I get that sucker out, no. Going to have to remove the cluster to tip the light to drop the bulb out. Its going to have to stay in their till next weekend as I need to get to work. Is it easy removing the oassenger side full cluster?

You have to remove the front bumper to take the headlight out unfortunately. Have you tried a flexi magnet?

You have to remove the front bumper to take the headlight out unfortunately. Have you tried a flexi magnet?

Was going to try that, but the metal encasment of the bulbs are stainless steel. Hope its a cheap stainless and will have magnetic properties. Will try when I get into work. I will attach a small magnet to a welding rod and fingers crossed it gets it.

Success, did the magnet trick and got the bulb. Them lights casings are huge and deep. Bit over kill if you ask me. Another question, can you purchase side lights and fog light bulbs whiter. I have replaced the main lights to illuminate whiter so want to do it all across the front.

Back