• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MOT pass, but....

Hi all,

Put my car through MOT and it passed but with an advisory. The guy at the garage didn't know how severe it was but said the pipe behind the engine is quite rusty. I didn't pick up the car but my dad took some pics. What is this pipe exactly? Is it hard to source parts and to fix? Should I be immediately concerned and get it sorted ASAP?

Cheers

Screenshot_20201127-200014_Gallery_compress41.jpgScreenshot_20201127-200010_Gallery_compress74.jpgScreenshot_20201127-200004_Gallery_compress23.jpgScreenshot_20201127-195945_Gallery_compress63.jpgScreenshot_20201127-200018_Gallery_compress71.jpg

Awesome mate, cheers!!

Did you replace it yourself? The part seems cheaper then I thought, I'm hoping it won't take too much labour time from a garage. How long did it take you?

That is the correct one, although I bought a good secondhand one, It'll take about an hour ish, with no problems, air filter needs to be removed, removing and refixing the heat shield which attaches to the strut, Oh and the correct tools straight cut sockets (hex), heat & penetrating oil maybe required...
Take your time and don't shear them off :eek:

Back