• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2020 FK8 Sliding cup holder and coin tray missing

Hello.
I recently picked up my new 2020 FK8, and have noticed that it’s missing the sliding double cup holder and also a fixed coin tray from inside the Center console compartment. I’ve been looking at US videos on YouTube all year Long to get to know the car. And this item is something that they all seem to praise.
a few weeks ago before I got mine, I had a test drive in an identical car and I could of sworn it had it fitted.
I have mentioned this to my dealer that it’s missing on mine. But he tells me that it’s only the US versions that get the sliding cup holders + coin tray.
Can anyone please confirm wether this is true or not. Only I’m not sure what to believe.
Kind Regards

No coin tray I know of in mine. There are 2 cup holders though they don’t slide. They just sort of fix in to place. My 2 came stacked in to each other so as it only looked as if there was one cup holder but they can be separated.

Hi Dave.
Thanks for confirming this for me. That’s exactly what there is in mine.
Strange why there’s different Specs.
But Still I could of sworn the demo car had it fitted.
No worries. I’m just loving the car as it is. It’s an absolutely incredible piece of kit

Glad you’re enjoying it! There are a few differences in the us spec. They were all documented somewhere on here I’m sure.

One thing we do have that they don’t are the engine bay plastics around the edges of the bay above the arches which finishes things off a bit nicer.

They also get a sub which must add a bit more depth to the standard sound system. I did look at sourcing one of these as it’s really neatly flushed into the boot side cavity but I couldn’t find anyone who had done this.

The other difference I remember is the rear bench. Whereas ours is all cloth making it appear there are 3 seats (even though there’s only 2 seat belts) the us version has a plastic insert in the middle with cup holders there too

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for all this info Dave.
It’s really put my mind at rest.
My dealer will be pleased to know ha ha.
I have also noticed that the sound system isn’t all that good either.
My CRV was way better. That had a sub as standard.
While we’re on the subject of sound. The other thing is. On long journeys I’m not all that keen on the augmented engine noise. After a while It makes me want to drown it out with some turned up to 11 Rush or Pink Floyd etc most of the time.
I think I’m going to have to improve on the sound quality somewhere down the line. I’d like to keep it all Honda spec though. Just so as To keep it all original
Kindest Regards Gareth TEC

No coin tray I know of in mine. There are 2 cup holders though they don’t slide. They just sort of fix in to place. My 2 came stacked in to each other so as it only looked as if there was one cup holder but they can be separated.

Well bugger me! After reading your post, I went and had a look at mine. After two years, I now have two cup holders! :lol:

Ha haa.
ILove it. Hey maybe if you have another look you might even find a coin tray. He hee

Well bugger me! After reading your post, I went and had a look at mine. After two years, I now have two cup holders!
Haha! Same thing here after reading this thread! Love the big storage area, do the cup holders click in together?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back